2018 Prospect Development Camp (7/10-7/14)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ryan’s notes about Boqvist were interesting. Said he really stood out in the raw skill drills, but he could tell he needed some more growth in his overall game.

He did believe he would be in the NHL sooner then later. I want to see him get used to North American ice ASAP

Reactions: Darkauron

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Strongly agree. He’s ready to contribute. With his offensive upside he has potential to be New Jersey’s 2C within a year or two

I would pump the breaks there, but I do think he has the potential to have that Ennis, Gerbe, or Gibbons impact where he's just an absolute pain in the ass to play against.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
I would pump the breaks there, but I do think he has the potential to have that Ennis, Gerbe, or Gibbons impact where he's just an absolute pain in the ass to play against.
Agreed he has potential to have “Ennis, Gerbe, Gibbons” impact. Eventually he may have “Tyler Johnson” impact. Either way he makes New Jersey better

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Agreed he has potential to have “Ennis, Gerbe, Gibbons” impact. Eventually he may have “Tyler Johnson” impact. Either way he makes New Jersey better
Seney turning into a Tyler Johnson type player are things that speed up a rebuild (much like Bratt and Butcher’s unexpected emergence). Having buttloads of talent on ELCs is how you build a winner.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
nate finished his blog entries

Binghamton Devils: News

This is a great post. There's a lot here to unpack:

1. Greene, Palms, Schneids gave a talk about culture.
2. Kevin Stevens talked about his battle with addiction.
3. Speers is like all like smart and stuff
4. Studenic had JUST flown over from Slovakia...I might be a little behind if I was acclimating 6 hours
5. Shirzey...I learned a new word today too Nate!
6. Interesting how much time is devoted to mental stuff.
7. Shout out to Colton White...who had that nasty snipe in the scrimmage.

Man, they really seem like they bonded. Great posts.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
This is a great post. There's a lot here to unpack:

1. Greene, Palms, Schneids gave a talk about culture.
2. Kevin Stevens talked about his battle with addiction.
3. Speers is like all like smart and stuff
4. Studenic had JUST flown over from Slovakia...I might be a little behind if I was acclimating 6 hours
5. Shirzey...I learned a new word today too Nate!
6. Interesting how much time is devoted to mental stuff.
7. Shout out to Colton White...who had that nasty snipe in the scrimmage.

Man, they really seem like they bonded. Great posts.

Also of note:

1. Bastian ragging on guy's ping-pong skills
2. Colby "The Sizzler" Sissons does magic

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Devils rich in NCAA prospect pool

Regarding Matt Hellickson:
His first pass might be his biggest strength and out of all our guys he might be the best one at it and, playing in the NHL, making a good first pass is half the battle. Then he has the ability to cover a lot of ground and keeps pucks alive and gets to loose pucks quick. I just really like the way he plays and I've told a lot of our scouts that this kid might be our best prospect at this point out of all the college guys.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Love Bobo Carpenter's post about Dev camp. Wish we could sign him now, but seems like he's set on his senior season at BU (as captain). Ray better be on top of it once his season finishes though.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Pics from Saturday's scrimmage. Wish I could just once not have to deal with the glass. Check out the face-plant in the third pic. :D

IMG_2853a.jpg
IMG_2905a.jpg
IMG_2940a.jpg
IMG_2946a.jpg

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Just reading the bio, and looking at the stats, Carpenter reminds me of Coleman. Aggressive player, good speed, goal heavy stat line.

Carpenter's junior season looks to be better then anything Coleman posted.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad