NFL: 2018 Pre-Training Camp (Off-Season 2) News & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Is it time for the prediction threads yet?

This is year 4 for him, right? Could they walk away from a 3rd overall pick without even granting him that 5th year?

If they walk away from him, that'll be yet another failed 1st round pick.

From 2011-2016, only Bortles & Ramsey are still with the team, Fowler for now.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
All I ask at 49ers training camp is no one gets injured. Since that doesn't seem possible in this day and age, hopefully Jimmy G, Garcon, Goodwin, and McKinnon don't get injured. I can't wait to see what this team looks like during the season.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
What are expectations in Bay Area for both teams?

I haven't really followed it too closely, but I think the expectations for the niners was that they and the Rams were going to be the teams in the Division to beat. I can see the 49ers making a run for the division, but I would also be happy with a wild card.

As for the Raiders, I don't get what the Raiders are doing. It seems like they've been getting older and I see them as a really mediocre team. I don't see them beating the chiefs and I think even the Chargers are better.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
For those starting to think about predictions for the coming season, keep this in mind for the Browns. Even league average QB play is going to be a big boost for Cleveland.

But the bottom line is PFF believes new Browns quarterback Tyrod Taylor (4.9 WAR) adds five wins to the Browns. Former quarterback DeShone Kizer (minus 2.9 WAR) was solely responsible for three losses because of his excessive turnovers.

Taylor had only eight turnovers with the Bills last season: four interceptions, four fumbles. Kizer had 29: 22 interceptions, seven fumbles.

Cleveland Browns: Talkin' expectations, excitement, reality -- Terry Pluto

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
49ers is 7-9 wins.

Oakland is the same.

49er fans trying to delude themselves into a division title better be prepared to be let down. Team is still extremely young. Year 3 is the big one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They should get a big boost at QB but I think they're one of the worst coached teams in the league so I still can't trust them. Hue is awful as a HC and Williams is equally bad on the other side of the ball.
A big help should be having Haley as the OC to take playcalling out of Hue’s hands.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
For those starting to think about predictions for the coming season, keep this in mind for the Browns. Even league average QB play is going to be a big boost for Cleveland.

Cleveland Browns: Talkin' expectations, excitement, reality -- Terry Pluto
I read this, and was starting to think:
"Yeah, Cleveland is really going to take some steps forward in the next few years. They have a bunch of good pieces, I like Tyrod Taylor, but they'll probably still need to find a great QB somehow to take them really over the top. How can they manage to get one of those?.......

......oh yeah...they got Baker Mayfield. I guess they're not turning it around"

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Another strange Josh Gordon development but hopefully this is accurate and he's okay.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I read this, and was starting to think:
"Yeah, Cleveland is really going to take some steps forward in the next few years. They have a bunch of good pieces, I like Tyrod Taylor, but they'll probably still need to find a great QB somehow to take them really over the top. How can they manage to get one of those?.......

......oh yeah...they got Baker Mayfield. I guess they're not turning it around"

You like Tyrod Taylor but Baker Mayfield means they're not turning it around. Okay.

Reactions: Voight

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
You like Tyrod Taylor but Baker Mayfield means they're not turning it around. Okay.
Yes, I do like the QB who has had QB ratings of 99.4, 89.7, and 89.2 the last 3 seasons in the NFL enough that I think he can take them from going winless to around the .500 range.

No, I do not like Baker Mayfield to turn them into a legitimate super bowl contender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad