NFL: 2018 Pre-Training Camp (Off-Season 2) News & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Camps are opening in less than 2 weeks (Bears open rookie camp next Monday) and we needed a new thread, so might as well just make this both

Last edited:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
With the all star game being a week later than usual this year, there is no quietest week of the year anymore. It's great. But I'm looking forward to this season.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Great video showing just how bad Shula was as a coach and how underrated Cam and McCaffrey are. I'm optimistic about the Norv hire, and a better receiving group (and hopefully a healthier one) should take some load off the run game. I still hate that they didn't keep Norwell, but maybe this will force them to get a bit more creative at times.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Was 18-40 as Lions HC in 85-88. Was 2-11 in 1988 at time of dismissal

Most remembered for asking reporters "What does a coach have to do around here to get fired" after a Lions loss

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Had a meeting today at Nike World headquarters and walked past Ndamukong Suh, who was with his agent.
Good grief what an imposing human being. Seeing them on TV just doesn't convey what monsters these guys are.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Had a meeting today at Nike World headquarters and walked past Ndamukong Suh, who was with his agent.
Good grief what an imposing human being. Seeing them on TV just doesn't convey what monsters these guys are.
A buddy of mine saw Orlando Pace in STL years ago and said the same thing. Said he was the biggest human he’d ever seen :laugh:

Reactions: sigma six

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Somebody appears to be trying to get a job in the media. The line about Washington in the article did crack me up though. He goes through the NFC East but couldn't even be bothered to talk about that team.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I had Shaq walk up to stand next to me to watch a Tina Turner cover band. I knew he was there because a shadow engulfed me. So much sunlight was blocked that the temperature dropped five degrees. My first thought was, "Holy crap, that guy is as big as Shaq." Then I turned and saw it was Shaq.

Reactions: sigma six

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
So much sunlight was blocked

:laugh: Exactly.
Funny thing about Nike HQ is that it's evidently some common sight to see A-list athletes here. Maybe over the course of my project here I'll meet some, but I didn't bug Suh at all. He had a look like "let no man hassle me as I walk to my car!"

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It's a risk for Bell but if he stays healthy then he should be okay. Nearly $27M over two years and then he becomes a FA next offseason.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I forgot this was still going on. Just get the Cowboys trade done already.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

I forgot this was still going on. Just get the Cowboys trade done already.

They likely already tried but D didn't offer enough.
I'd also be pretty wary of giving him more than a three year extension (beyond this year), which he probably wouldn't accept.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They likely already tried but D didn't offer enough.
I'd also be pretty wary of giving him more than a three year extension (beyond this year), which he probably wouldn't accept.

It's definitely a risk because of his age. The Seahawks appear to be in a weird place right now and I'm not sure what to expect next season. I guess they're trying to retool/rebuild on the fly while still trying to be competitive because they've got one of the best QBs in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->