Injury Report: 2018 Playoffs: Adam Erne (out)

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Certainly true about Gourde, though yesterday's game was not his best. Not a result of poor effort obviously and you can't be great every time out.

One last thing about Sustr. As I noted, in an NHL context he is an average player at best but one thing I 'd like you to think about when considering his level of effort or care. Exceptionally tall players often don't look like they are moving very quickly which can be interpreted as not giving full effort, conversely, exceptionally short players often look like they are moving faster than they are.
That's a fair point on perceived effort vs height.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Seeing how Sustr has not been a -4 once this season and only one time was he a -3, it was during Vasilevskeys midseason melt down, I'm not too worried he would be abused and the reason we lose. I don't think any of Sustr, Dotchin or Koekkoek get more than 8 minutes anyway I highly doubt one of them would be the reason if we were to lose the next game. Sergachev is going to have to play a lot more and that's where we might get taken advantage of.

Reactions: Matt Watson

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Seeing how Sustr has not been a -4 once this season and only one time was he a -3, it was during Vasilevskeys midseason melt down, I'm not too worried he would be abused and the reason we lose. I don't think any of Sustr, Dotchin or Koekkoek get more than 8 minutes anyway I highly doubt one of them would be the reason if we were to lose the next game. Sergachev is going to have to play a lot more and that's where we might get taken advantage of.

There you go, you signed into your correct account now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Fingers crossed for Girardi tonight. I don't care how little utilized Sustr can be if Girardi is out. I don't want to see Sustr on the ice ever again for any reason. Let's imagine for a moment that Hynes manages to get Hall on the ice the same time as Sustr. What happens?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Fingers crossed for Girardi tonight. I don't care how little utilized Sustr can be if Girardi is out. I don't want to see Sustr on the ice ever again for any reason. Let's imagine for a moment that Hynes manages to get Hall on the ice the same time as Sustr. What happens?
Well maybe we’re in luck and he puts Hall on RW. :sarcasm: :help:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Cally our for game 3, bummer!

Can we afford to have Dan sit out tonight? On the other hand, is a 50-80% Girardi still better than Sustr, KK, Dotchin or a combination of them (11/7)? Or maybe go 7D with G in to take off some pressure?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Cally our for game 3, bummer!

Can we afford to have Dan sit out tonight? On the other hand, is a 50-80% Girardi still better than Sustr, KK, Dotchin or a combination of them (11/7)? Or maybe go 7D with G in to take off some pressure?

50%-80% Girardi is better than any of KK, Dotchin or Sustr. If I'm coach I put him in tonight and go 11/7 for game 4 in the event of a victory tonight and a 3-0 series lead

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Sergachev is good, nothing to take advantage of.

As for the effort thing with Sustr. Yes he gives effort. He’s just bad.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sergachev is good, nothing to take advantage of.

As for the effort thing with Sustr. Yes he gives effort. He’s just bad.

Got pretty exposed last time we played him in a top-2 role so not sure what you're talking about....

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Johnson questionable for game 4:
Lightning C Tyler Johnson is questionable for Game 4 of a first-round playoff series against the Devils on Wednesday night at the Prudential Center.

Johnson did not practice Tuesday. The team said it was for body maintenance. But when asked afterward if Johnson would be ready to play, coach Jon Cooper said, "We hope. We'll have to see in the morning if he'll be okay."

Johnson played 21 shifts for a total ice time of 13:08 during Monday's 5-2 loss in Game 3.

C Matthew Peca, recalled Sunday from AHL Syracuse, replaced Johnson on the second line during Tuesday's practice.

Callahan too:
RW Ryan Callahan, who missed Game 3 with a right shoulder injury, did not practice Tuesday after skating with the team Monday morning.

When asked if Callahan would return Wednesday, Cooper was vague, offering, "Probably. Probably not."

Miller warrior mode activated:
One injured player who will play tonight is C J.T. Miller. He needed 13 stitches to close a pair of cuts suffered in the final minute of the second period when he took a puck off his right check.
Miller immediately skated off the ice. [...]

Miller needed one stitch to close a cut on his lip and six on the inside of his cheek and six on the outside. They were administered between periods, and finished, Miller said, with two minutes remaining in the intermission. He returned to the ice and resume his shift on the power play, which is what he was doing when he was injured.

Lightning’s Tyler Johnson joins Ryan Callahan as Game 4 question marks

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Curse? Not really it's the same suspects everytime, they're injury prone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad