2018 Playoff Pricing

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Gotta figure most people that have P1's have the money for playoff tickets too . Imagine watching the Jets skate around the ice with the cup from P1's , priceless . :thumbu:

true, or they have several people in their group.

Personally, I'd be just as happy to watch the Jets skate around with the Cup from the high rafters :thumbu:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Gotta figure most people that have P1's have the money for playoff tickets too . Imagine watching the Jets skate around the ice with the cup from P1's , priceless . :thumbu:

Trust me when I say I have visualized this. The prices are steep in the 4th round but the value of that experience doesn’t have a price tag on it for me at least.

That being said I am pretty sure it would be just as great watching from the P7’s. How crazy would that building be?

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Was up against the glass just off the blue line for game 4 against the stupid Ducks. The White out was a thing of beauty. Looking forward to the White outs for years to come with this club :D

Reactions: Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Trust me when I say I have visualized this. The prices are steep in the 4th round but the value of that experience doesn’t have a price tag on it for me at least.

That being said I am pretty sure it would be just as great watching from the P7’s. How crazy would that building be?
Every once in awhile I try to visualize it, but the experience would be one of those lifetime events. And I want to see it from the same seat I have sat in since the 1st exhibition game off the 2011 pre-season.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

The whole city... Yeesh, I can't even picture it.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm imagining the thursday midnight rally before the actual announcement, except with about a million times more people and madness.

This made me rewatch some old clips of the May 2011 rallies and subsequent 'Return' announcement, I still get goose bumps. Also threw in an old Save the Jets rally video to remember HOW MUCH IT SUCKED to attend that and then lose the team. Perspective and all, for when I feel grumpy that beer now costs 10 bucks at hockey games etc.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Did anyone else notice in the email that they said there would be special playoff beers for $14.50?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
true, or they have several people in their group.

Personally, I'd be just as happy to watch the Jets skate around with the Cup from the high rafters :thumbu:
Or how about watching in the street as they parade it around the Air Canada Center as the tears flood the ice.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
If we had a 20,000 seat arena sitting out in Headingley, I'll bet we wouldn't sell out either.
Ya, I think we would, even for much of the regular season. I'm in the minority of people who hate downtown. I'm not sure what the percentages are.....but we've got a ton of rural STH too.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
This must be the first year that the Jets, Moose, Goldeyes and Bombers are all serious threats to win a Championship in the same year.

Reactions: bromine

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Well I'm going to start saving for this.

It’s on TV
I get the live atmosphere thing... but I’m cheap.
Beer is cheaper at home.
Bathroom lines shorter.
And you don’t have to high five a total drunk stranger that has halitosis and smells like ass wearing a crappy replica jersey.

Just kidding to each their own:laugh:

RELAX

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
It’s on TV
I get the live atmosphere thing... but I’m cheap.
Beer is cheaper at home.
Bathroom lines shorter.
And you don’t have to high five a total drunk stranger that has halitosis and smells like ass wearing a crappy replica jersey.

Just kidding to each their own:laugh:

RELAX

I hear you. If it wasn't for the better half pushing me into getting playoff tickets, I would have opted out of our group game draft. It won't break my heart if I draw the last possible game in every round.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I hear you. If it wasn't for the better half pushing me into getting playoff tickets, I would have opted out of our group game draft. It won't break my heart if I draw the last possible game in every round.
I wasn’t being serious as far as judging others,just being light hearted...where I was serious is that I am cheap

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I wasn’t being serious as far as judging others,just being light hearted...where I was serious is that I am cheap

But you were correct that beer is cheaper (and better) at home. And then there's the whole wear white thing. White is such a demanding colour. I just can't pull it off. Why couldn't we have gone for a blackout originally? My persona is so much better suited to black. :laugh:

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
But you were correct that beer is cheaper (and better) at home. And then there's the whole wear white thing. White is such a demanding colour. I just can't pull it off. Why couldn't we have gone for a blackout originally? My persona is so much better suited to black. :laugh:
No colours anymore...
I want them to turn black....

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If we had a 20,000 seat arena sitting out in Headingley, I'll bet we wouldn't sell out either.
Apparently its the equivalent to portage la prairie, not headingley
After checking distances, Lorette might be a better approximation of where it would be relative to downtown.

It's not that far to the arena in Ottawa. Roughly the distance from the Forks to the west side of Headingley or the St. FX turnoff. Plus the 417 is a legitimate access controlled freeway that runs through the city with a 100km speed limit - it's not like you'd have to hump your way past 50 red lights down Portage Avenue at 60km. However, a fairly big part of Ottawa's population lives east of Downtown. So imagine an arena in St. Francis Xavier and half the fans are coming from Transcona (but you've got a freeway between them). Say 40 minutes with no traffic; 1 hour+ with traffic. And there IS traffic before and after games. The drawback of the freeway is that there's really only one way in and out of there too - so it gets backed up. But if you live downtown or west in Ottawa, or Barhaven or Kanata, it's 15-40 minutes...so not bad at all. There's also pretty decent dedicated transit service on game nights.

So, while the arena location in Ottawa isn't ideal for many, it's still not bad for lots of others (Ottawa and burbs downtown and west probably approaches Winnipeg's population). The problem is that Ottawa's traditionally been kind of a shitty sports town. A lot of people move there for federal government jobs - and they bring their former allegiances with them. And if you think it's weird to see locals today cheering the Leafs or Habs in Winnipeg, imagine growing up without an NHL team in the shadow of Montreal and Toronto - so lots of native Ottawans aren't really Sens fans. So stick the arena in a slightly inconvenient location, put in a meddling owner who's actively f***ing up the team and mix in a mostly ambivalent local population and you get empty seats at playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad