OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Adam Morgan is a good left handed pitcher. I don't see much issue with this move

I wouldn't bring him in that late though, after Neris he has the worst WHIP on the team among active players, just too many walks. I like Morgan though, just think maybe they should have looked at someone else. They have clearly given Dominguez a large role but I think Arano should get more looks going forward, it's too bad he was injured as he had gotten off to a great start.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The phillies ability to hit ever since they were caught stealing signs from the bullpen in 2010 has never been the same. Maybe we need to go back to our old ways.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Phillies are losing close games...it happens to young teams. They'll figure it out.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Phils are young and will be better but teams like the Yanks, Sox, and even the Braves in our own division are just as young and even more talented. Major upgrades are still needed.

I'll get to see them up close tonight. 1st Phils game since maybe 2015 or 16.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Phils are young and will be better but teams like the Yanks, Sox, and even the Braves in our own division are just as young and even more talented. Major upgrades are still needed.

I'll get to see them up close tonight. 1st Phils game since maybe 2015 or 16.

I'm not sure how semantical we want to get.

Phils average age 26.6

Sox - 28
Braves - 27.7
Yanks - 27.6

There are 2 teams with players average 26.

The White Sox (who suck) are the only other ones.

I think the Phils are holding their own.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Williamsport.

Cole Stobbe just came back and I guess they want him to get the 3B reps in Lakewood. Guess Bohm could finish the year in Clearwater if he rakes in Williamsport.

Well if the guy can hit, you'd think he should do very well there.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
ShrillVacantAmoeba-max-1mb.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Idk what they are doing with Kingery. He is not a SS. He’s fine in a pinch but with Crawford healthy, JP should be playing SS if he is in the lineup. They have him in the 3 hole for some reason. Someday sure but right now he is getting eaten alive. He’s down 0-2 every AB and is chasing pitches out of the zone as a result. He’s going to be a good player but it’s going to take some time.

Only two games but JP has hit some balls hard and he was starting to hit before he went on the DL. At the very least I know JP will give good ABs and work counts and not swing at shitty pitches. I know I was one of the few that still believed in JP when he was struggling in AAA. I just think his approach is too good not to produce results and I think he has sneaky pop.

Franco’s time is up here. It’s a shame considering how his career started, but he’s shown no progression. If he’s on the roster he should only play against LHP’s.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
JP has a lot going for him in terms of age and talent but he is the guy i include in any proposal for Machado. Maybe bmore can talk themselves into something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad