OT: 2018 Phillies Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Cliff Lee was great, he just left something to be desired at the end.

We never should have traded him prior to the 2010 season after acquiring Halladay. Should have found a way to keep both. Might have been the difference in that NLCS. He was unhittable in 2009. Had Hamels not shit the bed we win the 2009 WS.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
We never should have traded him prior to the 2010 season after acquiring Halladay. Should have found a way to keep both. Might have been the difference in that NLCS. He was unhittable in 2009. Had Hamels not **** the bed we win the 2009 WS.

The excuse Ruben used was payroll I think, and then he went out and signed him a couple of years later for a shit ton of money.

I still don't understand why he traded him, unless it was mostly to recover the assets spent to obtain Halladay, which failed.

Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
John Middleton wasn’t the majority owner through most of Amaro’s tenure. He was building up his control/stake in the organization through that time period. He was the main guy willing to spend & modernize the way they do things. While the other owners were on the cheaper & archaic side. They treated it more like a business while Middleton treats it more like a hobby.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Frustrating game. Pivetta hanging 2 horrible 2 strike, 2 out curveballs leading to 3 runs. Phils are 0/RISP

EDIT: Then that happens

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This game is showing how bad this team needed a bat like Machado. Just have no one who can get a big hit with runners on base.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
This game is showing how bad this team needed a bat like Machado. Just have no one who can get a big hit with runners on base.

Valid, but it only helps if he's the one thats coming up.

Altherr should be able to hit a fastball down the middle. He had 3 and missed on all 3.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Valid, but it only helps if he's the one thats coming up.

Altherr should be able to hit a fastball down the middle. He had 3 and missed on all 3.
horrible

horriblehorriblehorriblehorrible

I was screaming at the TV and this is a) baseball (love baseball but it isn't as screamable as hockey let's face it) and b) the 2nd game back after the All-Star break.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
i hear ya, if they come up empty in their star hunting trades or free agency in the off-season, the failure falls on the front office because they didnt try hard enough.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Tim ****ing McCarver is so excruciatingly painful to listen to. All I'm doing is killing time until Liverpool starts at the top of the hour, but it's impossible to leave Cards - Cubs on with his stupidity in my ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad