OT: 2018 Phillies: Part trey

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Another good move, but this one is multifaceted. Not only do they get a good bench bat, but they just traded for one of the MLB's biggest Philly killers.

I swear to you this man hits a home run every time he plays the Phils

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Another good move, but this one is multifaceted. Not only do they get a good bench bat, but they just traded for one of the MLB's biggest Philly killers.

I swear to you this man hits a home run every time he plays the Phils

I read he has really good numbers against a few of the Braves pitchers, and since we play them so much at the end of the season, it's a smart pickup for sure.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Rupp taking innings away from Alfaro was almost as annoying as Haktard’s usage of Hagg.

Alfaro wasn't ready last year, he's made significant strides this season in terms of framing the pitch and throwing (accuracy and release, arm strength has never been a question), still a work in progress in terms of blocking pitches.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
258ndpu.gif
*Canadian Bacon power-up*

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
5 runners on with no outs in the last 3 innings and not only did they not score, they couldn’t even get a runner to third. They really could have used Bour tonight. Alfaro is an automatic K in that situation.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What do you expect from a young, inexperienced team?
Even with Cabrera and Santana, the rest of the lineup is still learning how to walk, before they can run.

However, with 5 solid starters and a deep bullpen, I doubt there will be any sort of collapse, maybe just failure to reach inflated expectations.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
other than pitchers, has any other player bunted runners over? i see alot of swinging at balls in the dirt or way out of the zone trying to hit homeruns,instead of trying to make contact.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Galvis has absolutely embarrassed us this season.

Also, this is one of the most lifeless performances i've ever seen and we're only in the third inning.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He was pitching so well before this too. I hate this team. Cant score. Their offensive output should be better than it is.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Why was Kingery so highly touted before the season started?

He appears to be the definition of a mediocre baseball player.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Terrible road trip. 2-4 and shutout 3 times. Now the best team in baseball comes to town.

Hit for average. Hit for power. Fast. Good fielder.

His plate discipline is getting exposed at this level.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

shoulda started in AAA...they may have bought into his hype from last year and ST...still young so gotta hope he figures it all out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->