Prospect Info: 2018 Panthers top prospects vote, #6

Who is the Panthers #6 ranked prospect?

• Ryan Bednard (2015, #206), Bowling Green State Univ. (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
#1 Henrik Borgström (2016, #23), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL) - 88.9% of votes
#2 Owen Tippett (2017, #10), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Mississauga Steelheads (OHL) - 55.2%
#3 Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15), Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (KHL) - 46.4%
#4 Aleksi Heponiemi (2017, #40), Kärpät (Liiga) - 63.3%
#5 Maxwell Gildon (2017, #66), Univ. of New Hampshire (NCAA) - 39%

Below are the remaining prospects not included in the poll yet, vote for the next one to be added by replying.

Forwards: Bachman, Bajkov, Fidler, Greco, Haapala, Hunt, Lammikko, Schütz, Shea, Wegwerth & Wilkie.

D-men: Brown, Byström, Downing, Finkelstein, Inamoto, Kinnunen, Krygier, Nässén & Schemitsch.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
McCoshen, but it's neck and neck with Mamin for me. Both are the closest to cracking the lineup fulltime but will likely start this year in the AHL. They both have reasonable expectation to become solid NHLers.

Edit: Add Haapala

Reactions: PSLguy

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Noel has the highest potential here at this point.
I think he's too much of a mystery at this point to have him in my top10, same reason why I had Denisenko a bit lower than where he went. As we go further and further away from the top5, my emphasis starts to lean more towards how NHL ready the prospect is and how likely he's to hit his potential. Some may put their vote purely on potential, so I can understand why Mamin isn't a sexy pick to make.

A year from now I expect Noel to be in my top5 (at least).

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Torn between Mamin and Noel - Noel's ceiling is higher but he's extremely raw and who knows if and when he will reach it. Went with him in the end but honestly it's a coin-toss at this point.

Add Hunt.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Voted Mamin. Surprised but happy that everyone else has him close to or in the top 5 too.

Add Hunt.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Mamin... his hockey IQ is way underrated, he doesn’t just dump the puck and chases, he actually tries to make plays happen and saw several times when his plays were wasted playing in the 4th line. Can also crash the boards, forechecks agresively and bangs in front of the net. He will surprise many folks if given a proper chance IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad