• i'm telling del zotto

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
That flurry of posts got my sides good.

Anyways, I think all drugs should be legalized. Harm reduction works way better than banning everything. Gets people involve in the juidicial system, stops them from getting the help they need, taxing on our healthcare... just legalize it all, make money from it, and help people recover from addiction rather than punish them for it.

Reactions: dim jim

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
That flurry of posts got my sides good.

Anyways, I think all drugs should be legalized. Harm reduction works way better than banning everything. Gets people involve in the juidicial system, stops them from getting the help they need, taxing on our healthcare... just legalize it all, make money from it, and help people recover from addiction rather than punish them for it.
ALL drugs?

That's a little too extreme imho.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Seems to be working in Portugal where possession of all drugs is while not legal, decriminalized. Rates of addiction and all the associated evils that go with it are down. What we have been doing isn’t working.
Not a ideal situation if we have people ealking down the streets with cocaine and heroin displayed openly. People attacking each other, driving. Its an out a control idea, and telling people MY age its ok to be wacked on fentanol - big hella NO THANKS

Reactions: dim jim

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
ALL drugs?

That's a little too extreme imho.

I don't think it's too extreme at all. What part of it do you think is extreme (I'm not attacking you, just wanna discuss it).

I work in healthcare, I see the effects of drug use on a daily basis. Imagine allowing many of the guys/gals that are going to use anyway, a safe and thoroughly tested drug that is guaranteed to not have fentanyl in it? It will definitely cut down on overdoses by a lot.

Overdoses right now cost us tens of thousands per OD, thanks to fentanyl being cut in almost every street drug in the province. I think that most of these guys are going to use drugs anyway, so why not at least take the black market out of the equation and at least make tax revenue from it, get them closer in proximity to the healthcare system so we can provide resources and education on drug use to promote safe use, and perhaps convince a few people to stop or reduce their intake? Seems like a good idea to me, anyway.

The drug policy in Portugal is a pretty good idea on how it would benefit us. Drug use among teens was reduced, reduction in drug related deaths was reduced (wasn't it like 120ish in 2001 compared to like 15 in 2009? Something like that, it was really good), increased treatment numbers, reduction in HIV spread.. the list goes on.

People are going to use anyway. That much is 100% true, look at it right now. Why not: make it safer for people that use, provide us tax dollars, and look at addiction as a health problem rather than a legal problem?

Reactions: sim420

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Not a ideal situation if we have people ealking down the streets with cocaine and heroin displayed openly. People attacking each other, driving. Its an out a control idea, and telling people MY age its ok to be wacked on fentanol - big hella NO THANKS

Drugs still get confiscated they are decriminalized meaning no charges not that you can rail lines of cocaine on the bus.

Also if you don’t think people are driving on cocaine and heroine now you are super naive.

Reactions: Josepho and sim420

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I don't think we have seen the breadth of the Trudeau government's drug policies. I think they are bigly avoiding advice. When temperament shifts they will reveal more. In the current climate you risk having costs offloaded on you along with plenty of insane commentary in tweet form.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Haha this rat deserves it, to hell with him. Hope the Putin league wont sign him, hope the NHL steers clear, and hope the guy realizes that hating our league, our country, our city, the way we like freedom... that the way he did this WILL have consequences. No mercy, no forgiveness, until the guy truly admits the MASSIVE error of his ways :rant:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Thanks to a member of this board I got a fantastic news story topic for my news writing class, really appreciate it man.

If anyone else has anything news worth going on I got another assignment due in the coming weeks, would love to hear what you got PM me or post in here and we can bang this out.

Man I love journalism :yo:

Reactions: racerjoe

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Thanks to a member of this board I got a fantastic news story topic for my news writing class, really appreciate it man.

If anyone else has anything news worth going on I got another assignment due in the coming weeks, would love to hear what you got PM me or post in here and we can bang this out.

Man I love journalism :yo:
Just remember not to leave that shit until the last minute again

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Just remember not to leave that **** until the last minute again
Not due till Thursday got my story about a week and a half ago, I'm cruising man. People in my class haven't even got a story yet, thanks to someone on here I might actually have the best story in the program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->