Line Combos: 2018 Opening Night Armchair GM

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
The season is over, the draft is far away, free agency is far away. I want to see what your opening night roster looks like. I change my mind every day but this is what I created today:

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 6.03.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 6.04.44 PM.png

Today I've had enough of our defense. I made this team with the idea that Zaitsev will have 1 more bad season and get Kovalchuk'd back to Russia. I love Johnsson but ultimately Braun helps the team more. I believe this top line will rival the Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line although I took a highly offensive team and turned it into a team that might not be able to score. Obviously this would look a lot better with Tavares over Nash, I would run Tkachuk-Matthews-Hyman, Zacha-Tavares-Marner, Marleau-Kadri-Brown.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
None of those teams will do those trades mate, especially the last one.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
When we get closer to July 1rst I'll speculate on what FA's I'd target but I do not see much value in listing a bunch of trades you imagined.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
This trade minus Bracco was agreed upon on the main boards which is what gave me the idea. Last night may have changed things though.

Two NHL-ready players that are young and have a bright future for one NHL-ready player and a prospect who is small and might not even make it into the NHL..

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Kapanen following in his Dads footsteps

Rielly Kapanen
Dermott Hainsey
Gardiner Zaitsev
Borgman Polak
Rosen Liljegren
Nielsen Holl
Ozhiganov

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
They really just need to add two competent dmen that move the puck (while getting the hell away from Polak/Gardiner) and adding a bit of grit/experience in the bottom six (and replacing JVR/Bozak/Komarov while they're at it). It's very do-able, might take a creative trade to add one of the two dmen but the rest can be done.

The rest is fine, it should be filled for prospects and is too young a core to start moving. If they have another terrible playoff then I'm open to trading the likes of Nylander but for now, just make the smart moves.

What I EXPECT to happen is for Lou to take a nap and do the bare f***ing minimum and just add a couple average options via free agency again.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
i dont think the OP did this intentionally but i love who the calgary trade is Tkaxhuk and andersson for kapanen wiht additional details nylander and carrick. Nylander is the best player in the deal but he is the additional details.

Leafs overpay in every trade except the Martin trade obviously. AND the leafs get worse as a result,

edit: actually NJ trade is not close to enough value from the leafs

Reactions: Jeypic

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
i dont think the OP did this intentionally but i love who the calgary trade is Tkaxhuk and andersson for kapanen wiht additional details nylander and carrick. Nylander is the best player in the deal but he is the additional details.

Leafs overpay in every trade except the Martin trade obviously. AND the leafs get worse as a result,

edit: actually NJ trade is not close to enough value from the leafs

If you use cap friendly you can't trade a player who isn't under contract so I had to write in the names.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
oh and we lose all that winger depth we keep talking about. Our RW goes from
Marner-Nylander-Brown-Kapanen
to
Marner-Brown-?-?

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
oh and we lose all that winger depth we keep talking about. Our RW goes from
Marner-Nylander-Brown-Kapanen
to
Marner-Brown-?-?
Leivo is now our new RW and... Hyman.

I don't know about you guys, but Nylander-Marner-Kapanen-Brown >>>>>> Marner-Hyman-Brown-Leivo

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
will never understand why this comes up now
at the very least wait until after free agency is over.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Nylander carrick and kapanen for Tkachuk and andersson :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's a bad one a real bad one...

Reactions: daddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->