Pre-Game Talk: 2018 Olympics, congrats Chris Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Despite suspect goaltending the last 2 games Canada gets a Bronze. Congrats!

Goaltending certainly wasn't elite by any means, but you can only allow so many 2-0n-1's against a team, even the Germans, before it bites you in the arse.

We played awful defence against the Germans - not only in allowing so many odd-man rushes, but also in never picking up the trailing off-side winger coming in late for the Germans. Every. Single. Time. That was a team loss.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Women's silver, Men's Bronze. Good games. Not perhaps the sellouts or media attention the pro's would have got. Many suspect NHL owners didnt participate because they were in a money battle with the IOC over how much pro participation would be worth to the IOC. At least suites for the owners giving up players. I wonder how this years Olympic hockey will affect leverage there.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Great game for Chris, and the rest of the Ottawa connections (and congrats to all the guys of course). I'm glad these guys game out with the desire to win. So often we see a gold or nothing attitude where the guys just can't quite get up to play for 3rd.

They gotta remember that they're playing for Canada, not their pride. Nice work Team Canada!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
3rd period of the gold medal game has been absolute scenes. I didn't even know it was on, just flipped to it by chance after the Oilers game ended.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Happy for Kelly, what a way to go out. Hockey gods rewarding a student of the game

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Nice to see Germany took Russia to O/T. Especially considering Russia brought a KHL team to the Olympics.

Oh well, congrats to Russia for the Gold.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kinda crazy that Canada still took bronze with our 350-400th best players. That is crazy depth for our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad