Pre-Game Talk: 2018 Olympics, congrats Chris Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That was close. Germany up next.

I'm liking the hockey. I feel it has given more attention to the other sports and you just gotta cheer for a class act like Kelly winning a medal. When he skated to the refs today and shook their hands, they seemed so happy and even the Finn Captain took notes. Small thing but we did get a lot of calls in the game.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Terrible first period for Canada. One unforced turnover after another, absolutely awful passing, lack of awareness. Germany is the kind of Euro journeyman team that can give you fits, but hell, Canada is pretty much that kind of team too. Don't get beat at your own game.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Yikes, need a goal right now on this PP. Team looks like the Sens this year when they go down a couple heads down defeated.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Might be a good thing for hockey in general. If Canada wins gold with our 400th best players, it really makes hockey look like a niche sport.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Germans playing a perfect defensive game on the wide international ice - they know exactly how to use the extra ice to give the Canadians fits. Their transition game is seamless.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
I really didn't think that hit was that bad, unfortunate yes but German player had his head down/forward and was looking at his pass, Brule came through straight on. Anyways games likely over now.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I really didn't think that hit was that bad, unfortunate yes but German player had his head down/forward and was looking at his pass, Brule came through straight on. Anyways games likely over now.
Head injuries are so serious that I kind of support a zero-tolerance standard. But man, that Canadian didn't do a thing wrong. He came straight on, kept his skates on the ice, didn't raise his shoulder at all. The German rammed his head right into him. You gotta know where you are on the ice and who's around you. Yes, I'm victim-blaming, because that's whose fault it was.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Between the absolute terrible display from our curling teams and the hockey losses this Olympics just feels empty to me.

Yet we've won more medals than ever before. Strange.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Kels gets a goal. Still cant decide what to think of Yashin doing commentary between periods. Doesnt really seem a natural at it, wonder why they gave him that gig. Still a small part of me that wants to boo him, but mostly over it.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Kelly gets a 2nd goal from Colonel Klink. Snipes it. O'dell strong on faceoffs. The Ottawa connection still strong. 5-2, or 5-3 if this challenge doesnt suceed

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Great Bronze Medal effort thus far. Lots of Ottawa connections down the middle. Roy, Kelly, O'Dell.

Unlucky bounces vs Germany. Looks like they are the second best team in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad