Denmark: 2018 Olympic team

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
I posted this lineup in the International tournaments thread - I don't always check the other forums as often as I do this one, so I figured it would make sense to post it here as well:

Denmark:

Well, first of all, I just hope we qualify. It would do so much in terms of bringing the sport to 'the rest of the country.' Truth is, we're a lot closer to the world elite in hockey than we are at any other winter sport - apart from curling perhaps, so the media coverage would be unprecedented...

The really nice thing when compiling this list is that very few current players will be too old in 2018.

Forwards:
Nikolaj Ehlers - Frans Nielsen - Mikkel Bødker
Peter Regin - Lars Eller - Jannik Hansen
Nicklas Jensen - Morten Madsen - Nichlas Hardt
Oliver Bjorkstrand - Julian Jakobsen - Patrick Bjorkstrand
Extras: Mads Christensen, Thomas Spelling, Frederik Storm

Defensemen: (as always this is where you have to get creative)
Philip Larsen - Jesper B. Jensen
Oliver Lauridsen - Markus Lauridsen
Mads Bødker - Emil L. Kristensen
Extras: Matias Lassen, Philip Bruggisser, Sonny Hertzberg

Goalies:
Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith
George Sørensen
Extras: Simon Nielsen, Sebastian Dahm

--------------

Remember this is for 2018. So tough to predict which prospects will turn out. I'm sure I forgot a few players, so feel free to post your suggested lineup. Still, the D will continue to be the weak spot, so maybe we can hope for a Jesper Duus comeback. :)

Still, if most prospects come close to the level I hope they can reach in 4 years, we could have a pretty solid team...

Norway, how would your team look?

talenttracer

Nov 7, 2007
What about Duus

I posted this lineup in the International tournaments thread - I don't always check the other forums as often as I do this one, so I figured it would make sense to post it here as well:

Denmark:

Well, first of all, I just hope we qualify. It would do so much in terms of bringing the sport to 'the rest of the country.' Truth is, we're a lot closer to the world elite in hockey than we are at any other winter sport - apart from curling perhaps, so the media coverage would be unprecedented...

The really nice thing when compiling this list is that very few current players will be too old in 2018.

Forwards:
Nikolaj Ehlers - Frans Nielsen - Mikkel Bødker
Peter Regin - Lars Eller - Jannik Hansen
Nicklas Jensen - Morten Madsen - Nichlas Hardt
Oliver Bjorkstrand - Julian Jakobsen - Patrick Bjorkstrand
Extras: Mads Christensen, Thomas Spelling, Frederik Storm

Defensemen: (as always this is where you have to get creative)
Philip Larsen - Jesper B. Jensen
Oliver Lauridsen - Markus Lauridsen
Mads Bødker - Emil L. Kristensen
Extras: Matias Lassen, Philip Bruggisser, Sonny Hertzberg

Goalies:
Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith
George Sørensen
Extras: Simon Nielsen, Sebastian Dahm

--------------

Remember this is for 2018. So tough to predict which prospects will turn out. I'm sure I forgot a few players, so feel free to post your suggested lineup. Still, the D will continue to be the weak spot, so maybe we can hope for a Jesper Duus comeback. :)

Still, if most prospects come close to the level I hope they can reach in 4 years, we could have a pretty solid team...

Norway, how would your team look?

You forgot Jesper Duus in the defence lineup.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I would probably switch Nielsen with Eller as first line center just because he is so much better at faceoffs. Other than that there is much speculation in how much Ehlers and Oliver Bjorkstrand and Jensen will evolve the next 4 years. We are facing some interesting years for danish hockey. Now could we just get some of them to play in SEL/KHL instead of NHL to raise the level in the qualifier and getting a better team during the upcoming WC's I would be much happy. Regin and Larsen could possible be forced to move back to Europe at the end of this season.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It certainly looks like we could have some pretty good forward lines as I wrote in another thread earlier.
It's the development of our d-men talents that will be interesting to follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad