Prospect Info: 2018 OHL Prospects Review

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brock, so, what would you say about Gettinger's skating overall? I notice you said he glides around covering a lot of ground. I've always liked Gettinger as a prospect, but I thought his skating was his biggest weakness and could be the one thing to really hold him back.

Also, I almost hope that Day gets sent back for an over-age year, because it would be hilarious to have a guy spend six years in the CHL.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Brock, so, what would you say about Gettinger's skating overall? I notice you said he glides around covering a lot of ground. I've always liked Gettinger as a prospect, but I thought his skating was his biggest weakness and could be the one thing to really hold him back.

Also, I almost hope that Day gets sent back for an over-age year, because it would be hilarious to have a guy spend six years in the CHL.

Never really had a problem with Gettinger's skating. Have always felt it was pretty good, especially for a big guy. His start-ups aren't incredibly explosive, but once he gets going, he's able to cover ground with big strides. That top end speed is pretty decent. Tough guy to stop once he gets himself going. One on one, he gives a lot of OHL defenders trouble off the rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad