Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Awesome, thanks for the write up!

Studenic intrigues me a lot. Looking forward to see how he fares this season

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
You address McLeod’s shooting and scoring but how about passing and playmaking? Did those improve from year to year?

McLeod's playmaking ability has always been his bread and butter. He does a great job of creating through the cycle and coming off the wall. Anticipates the play very well and is patient. But when he's skating at full stride and using his speed to push the pace, I don't think he's quite as good of a playmaker. Not sure his vision has ever caught up to his skating ability.

It's things like that, in combination with his lack of scoring ability, that makes me believe he's probably more likely a solid 3rd line center (2nd liner with injuries) when all is said and done.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
McLeod's playmaking ability has always been his bread and butter. He does a great job of creating through the cycle and coming off the wall. Anticipates the play very well and is patient. But when he's skating at full stride and using his speed to push the pace, I don't think he's quite as good of a playmaker. Not sure his vision has ever caught up to his skating ability.

It's things like that, in combination with his lack of scoring ability, that makes me believe he's probably more likely a solid 3rd line center (2nd liner with injuries) when all is said and done.

I think your evaluation is the consensus of most NJ fans who hope there is a bit more development left in him to allow him to be a true 2C with PK and faceoff duties as well.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->