Prospect Info: 2018 OHL Prospects Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Cool article. I appreciate it as always. One thing I'm confused about though, is that I thought Lodnia was going to be in the pros this next season, yet you say he's going back to the OHL. There was even some talk after prospects camp that he could potentially make it onto the NHL Wild. Is this just unlikely speculation, or is his game maybe further along than he showed last season?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Cool article. I appreciate it as always. One thing I'm confused about though, is that I thought Lodnia was going to be in the pros this next season, yet you say he's going back to the OHL. There was even some talk after prospects camp that he could potentially make it onto the NHL Wild. Is this just unlikely speculation, or is his game maybe further along than he showed last season?

I think the talk was more along the lines of "among the guys at prospect camp" Lodnia (and Sokolov and Belpedio) were the most pro-ready. Wouldn't put much stock in the take of posters here or the jv guys at the Athletic anyhow. But Lodnia could play in the AHL (three full seasons) but he hasn't even turned 19 yet, and Iowa might not be a great place for him yet - should be a deeper, more veteran squad. Sounds like he could use some offensive growth, and the OHL would be ideal.

Thanks for these, as always, Brock. With Giroux's skating, is it mostly power, mobility, speed, or all of the above?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
25G for sokolov in iowa is kinda of high expectations , i'll be happy with 15G+. is lodnia playing in the ohl or ahl this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->