Prospect Info: 2018 OHL Prospects Review

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
My annual review of LA's OHL prospects.

OHL Prospects: 31 Teams in 31 Days - Los Angeles Kings

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Really enjoyed the article. Nice birthday present for me! You have to wonder if they Kings will sign Rymsha. He'll have to prove something this year I think to get a deal. Moverare will have a battle on his hands to make the Reign roster if MacDermid and Fantenberg clear waivers and are assigned to the Reign (assuming they don't make the Kings). Wonder if his injury sends him back for an overager season?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Great read as always! How would you compare Vilardi to Dylan Strome of the Coyotes? Better skater or not? Similar potential?

I think they are relatively comparable skaters.

But outside that, I don't see them as very similar players. Vilardi's strength is playing down low. He's easily one of the strongest board players and one of the hardest players to separate from the puck in the OHL. He's also a terrific two-way player who can use his size to be a factor in all three zones. There's some physicality there. I wouldn't be able to right that about Strome (as good of a prospect as he is).

Reactions: Ghetty Green and LB

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Really enjoyed the article. Nice birthday present for me! You have to wonder if they Kings will sign Rymsha. He'll have to prove something this year I think to get a deal. Moverare will have a battle on his hands to make the Reign roster if MacDermid and Fantenberg clear waivers and are assigned to the Reign (assuming they don't make the Kings). Wonder if his injury sends him back for an overager season?

Can't see Moverare back in the OHL for an overage year. If he's competing with the likes of Strand, Reddekopp, Falkovsky for playing time as that third pairing guy on the Reign, it's hard to not see him winning that battle, given that LA has more invested in him.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Can't see Moverare back in the OHL for an overage year. If he's competing with the likes of Strand, Reddekopp, Falkovsky for playing time as that third pairing guy on the Reign, it's hard to not see him winning that battle, given that LA has more invested in him.

MacDermid
Walker
Fantenberg
Roy
Clague
Lintuniemi

Moverare
Falkovsky
Strand
Reddekopp

Pretty tough to crack that top six. If MacDermid and/or Fantenberg are claimed, opens up some room.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
MacDermid
Walker
Fantenberg
Roy
Clague
Lintuniemi

Moverare
Falkovsky
Strand
Reddekopp

Pretty tough to crack that top six. If MacDermid and/or Fantenberg are claimed, opens up some room.

One of those, will be the 7th D in LA, Fantenberg or MacDermid, I am thinking. but you need to add Brickley in that group as well just in case.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
One of those, will be the 7th D in LA, Fantenberg or MacDermid, I am thinking. but you need to add Brickley in that group as well just in case.

I'm going on my assumption that LaDue and Brickley make the Kings roster, but if not, just swap out the names, doesn't really change the scenario much except who has to clear waivers. Still going to be a hill to climb for Moverare UNLESS we lose a player or two to waivers or someone is traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad