Prospect Info: 2018 OHL Prospects Review

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
That’s a strong group and well written. Do you do lists of all team prospects - all leagues, all countries? Well done.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
That’s a strong group and well written. Do you do lists of all team prospects - all leagues, all countries? Well done.

IIRC he just does OHL, but is doing this for all 31 teams this year. He's a great resource on the prospects board.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Nice to see how close McLeod and Maksimov are ranked. Almost a coin flip.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Great write-up @Brock. Who would you compare Bouchard and McLeod to in terms of current NHL players stylistically?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Great read Brock.

A super villain has kidnapped your family. He’s evil and merciless but oddly specific.

For the safe return of your family, Prospectron merely wants to know: if you were the GM of a rival team to the Oilers and could take one for free, would you select Kirill Maksimov or Ryan McLeod?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Great write-up @Brock. Who would you compare Bouchard and McLeod to in terms of current NHL players stylistically?

Bouchard, I think it's kind of tough to find a true comparison. I'm not a huge fan of making comparisons anyway. Tough to say how Bouchard's defensive game will develop at the next level, whether that physical component takes shape. Right now, I'd say he profiles as a Tomas Kaberle type (in his prime), which is obviously solid. A modern era guy could be an Alex Goligoski, if he can play a little more physically.

McLeod, again tough to say. Maybe a Derrick Brassard type.

Reactions: 780il

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Great read Brock.

A super villain has kidnapped your family. He’s evil and merciless but oddly specific.

For the safe return of your family, Prospectron merely wants to know: if you were the GM of a rival team to the Oilers and could take one for free, would you select Kirill Maksimov or Ryan McLeod?

:laugh:

I think it would depend on what my organizational needs were. Do I need a playmaking center who can push the pace? Or do I need a physical, scoring winger?

I suppose if someone were to really force me to make a decision, I think I like Maksimov's odds slightly more in terms of becoming a long term NHL player

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Bouchard, I think it's kind of tough to find a true comparison. I'm not a huge fan of making comparisons anyway. Tough to say how Bouchard's defensive game will develop at the next level, whether that physical component takes shape. Right now, I'd say he profiles as a Tomas Kaberle type (in his prime), which is obviously solid. A modern era guy could be an Alex Goligoski, if he can play a little more physically.

McLeod, again tough to say. Maybe a Derrick Brassard type.

Thanks. I personally see some similarities to Brent Burns albeit I have only see highlights of Bouchard whereas you've watched him in a number of games. Not saying that he will be a 30 goal Norris candidate, just that I see a similar type of offensive player.

Would you consider McLeod to be extremely soft in the corners and around the boards or just someone that doesn't cut through the middle or drive the net with speed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->