Prospect Info: 2018 OHL Prospects Review

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Since you're a self-admitted fan of TD, who in the NHL would you compare him to, both floor and ceiling?

Ceiling, I would say he compares well to a guy like Eric Staal. Someone you can rely on in all situations and who can have a positive impact in the dressing room as a leader.

Floor, probably guys like Brandon Sutter/Riley Sheahan. The 3rd line center types who can grind it out along the wall and kill penalties.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Your honest write up gives me less confidence in Robertson or Adam M ever really becoming something in the NHL. Also sounds like Nick C has stalled out a bit and may also be lower line material (no surprise but we had hope) and that Ty replaces Faksa on line 3, when he moves to line 2 with the departures of Spezz and Hanzel. Faksa is NOT our ideal 2C, but could grow into one.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Your honest write up gives me less confidence in Robertson or Adam M ever really becoming something in the NHL. Also sounds like Nick C has stalled out a bit and may also be lower line material (no surprise but we had hope) and that Ty replaces Faksa on line 3, when he moves to line 2 with the departures of Spezz and Hanzel. Faksa is NOT our ideal 2C, but could grow into one.
Robertson needs to seriously improve his skating, he should be taking power skating classes during the summer. His hockey IQ is good enough that he can be a NHL offensive threat if he has atleast average skating and not the current ugly stride that he currently has. Both Mascherin and Robertson are either top 6 NHL forwards or top 6 forwards in the AHL. They are both still decently promising, it's all a matter if they can adjust to the NHL game. Caamano has always been a bottom 6 forward and he's more likely to be an NHLer than Robertson or Mascherin. Fans will love the way Caamano plays, he just doesn't have the offensive IQ and creativity to be a consistent top 6 forward. TD is still a very divided prospect, some scouts believe he's nothing more than a 3rd line center while others believe (OP) he can be a very good 2nd line center. I've heard a lot of comparisons between him and Kesler, but not as dirty. Personally, I believe he does have the potential to turn into a similar player to what Kesler was in his prime, he just needs to show that the latter half of last season wasn't a fluke. This coming season will truly show how offensively gifted and consistent TD is.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Awesome write up. Glad to hear that you’re a fan of Dellandra, wasn’t sure of the pick at first but it’s grown on me.

Hopefully we can get and NHL scorer out of Robertson or Mascherin. Figured they’d both be boom or bust, I like the picks because we need goal scoring wingers. Stars really need to identify these weak skaters (Robertson, Ritchie, Mascherin, Douglas, Shore) and start working with them from a young age. In the new NHL if you can’t skate you’ll have a hell of a time making it.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Robertson will be at the World Junior Summer Showcase in Kamloops next week so I will take a look at him there. See if he's been working on his stride!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->