NCAA: 2018 Offseason

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Based on what?

I think he progressed a lot this year, he was good the last 3 games of the season in their biggest three games. I don't see him like an Aaron Rodgers-type ripping it 60 yards downfield, but I thought he threw a nice deep out pattern and hit guys deep without them having to break stride.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fromm's job isn't safe. I don't see anything special in him. I think Fields is an EE so he'll be there for spring.
Georgia may be wise to RS Fields since they have Fromm and Ramsey on the depth chart.
No idea what Fromm's measureables are with regards to arm strength etc. Height of 6'2 and 225 LBS. Seems to have adequate size. How would he project at the next level?

This Fields kid has some serious confidence to go into a program with a high recruit in each of the past 2 years.

But, not a very high recruit plays well. Everyone expected max brown to take over from Barkley and then Kessler but he couldn't hold off darnold. Transferred to Pitt this past year and I didn't see him in the upset against Miami. So, never know.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ramsey is a senior. Georgia will only have Fromm & Fields as QB’s on scholarship next year. Even if they wanted to redshirt Fields (which I doubt they do) they probably can’t anyway.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Surprised that a top level program like Georgia doesn't have depth at QB. Most schools carry 4 QBs (including RS) ones on the roster.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Surprised that a top level program like Georgia doesn't have depth at QB. Most schools carry 4 QBs (including RS) ones on the roster.
Opportunity plays a big part of it. Not a lot of QB's coming out high school are looking to jump into a QB room with a 5 star or two ahead of them. Eason was the most established QB on the roster just 5 months ago, and he's transferring because he's not going to get an opportunity with Fromm there and Fields coming in.

I think this will become the norm for most of the top programs. 4 and 5 star QB's aren't riding the bench for three years anymore before they get their shot.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The coaches don’t really want guys that realistically have no chance of ever starting for them either. So that causes attrition too with scholarships being a premium these days.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Very huge news that Parris Campbell and Dre'Mont Jones are coming back to the Buckeyes. Only 3 players look like they are leaving early, Hubbard, Ward and Baker.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nick Saban loses his 3rd OC in 14 months and upgrades by possibly stealing Chip Long from Notre Dame. Rough offseason for Brian Kelly.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Absolutely horrific and heartbreaking news. Lost a friend to suicide 2 years ago, and I still just can't even begin to comprehend the suffering one goes through to make such a decision to take their own life. RIP Tyler.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It will be interesting what information comes out. Unfortunately with men that commit suicide it's often sudden and without warning signs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad