NCAA: 2018 Offseason

Sep 19, 2008
How exactly did Durkin abuse players?

Like it or not he's the head coach and he should rightfully face scrutiny. If he didn't want to be fired maybe he shouldn't have held all those harsh practices. Responsibility falls on him and Court for what happened.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
How exactly did Durkin abuse players?
After the young man died, nothing was changed. All the coaches and trainers were still abusing the players and treated them like crap. That's why all of this came out. Durkin didn't do anything when the young man died, and he did nothing to change how they treated the players as well.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
After the young man died, nothing was changed. All the coaches and trainers were still abusing the players and treated them like crap. That's why all of this came out. Durkin didn't do anything when the young man died, and he did nothing to change how they treated the players as well.
Again there has been no evidence of Durkin abusing the players. Many players current and former have spoken highly of Durkin before and after this happened.

A player died, doing a basic drill they do in all kind of sports. Why the trainers or the EMT that came didn't treat it properly is anyones guess. They screwed that up. It is tragic. I fail to see how it was abuse by the head coach.

Reactions: HoseEmDown
Sep 19, 2008
Again there has been no evidence of Durkin abusing the players. Many players current and former have spoken highly of Durkin before and after this happened.

A player died, doing a basic drill they do in all kind of sports. Why the trainers or the EMT that came didn't treat it properly is anyones guess. They screwed that up. It is tragic. I fail to see how it was abuse by the head coach.
Former Michigan star Jabrill Peppers: Ex-coordinator DJ Durkin's tactics 'felt extreme'

Sep 19, 2008
@Cheese Wagstaff I am watching Illinois Classic right now on BTN waiting for them to break into regularly scheduled programming for the Urban Meyer press conference

Guess who is doing commentary on Illinois Classic

lemanmullet.jpg

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Would love to get Leman’s thoughts on the appropriateness or volunteering your services to a for profit corporate message board. Bet he’d never put up with that class traitor bullshit.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Read the first article I posted. Braglio has a different account on many of those allegations. And he put his name to it. Unlike the quotes in this hit piece. Come on man look at both sides objectively. That's how propaganda works. They sensationalize everything.

I don't see that article as a good support of Durkin at all. The fact that his "supporter" says some pretty concerning things and seems to think that them being treated that way is fine is a little concerning.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Grant Newsome, a dangerous game and a story worth living

Grant Newsome started writing the letter a year ago, when the days were long and dark and the road ahead did not seem worth it.

This letter — the one that has been liked on Twitter 17,000 times, the one that details Newsome’s brutal knee injury on Oct. 1, 2016, the dislocation, the fractured tibia, the three torn ligaments, the nerve damage, the destroyed artery, the 38 days in the hospital and the six surgeries that followed — finally posted Monday. That is when Newsome announced his retirement from football, nearly two years after a freak play against Wisconsin upended his world.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I don't see that article as a good support of Durkin at all. The fact that his "supporter" says some pretty concerning things and seems to think that them being treated that way is fine is a little concerning.
This is how it is in college football. Even High school football is like that. Don't single Durkin out for yelling at players. All coaches do it. That doesn't make it a toxic environment. They know Durkin has their back.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Not defending what happened but millenials have ruined society that now we can't have yelling, kids cant get spanked, no parents discupline their kids the old fashion way or sometimes even at all, they wonder why society is now a gigantic cesspool. The death alone was good enough to remove him, I mean that was the ticket. I won't defend that one but I would also say it's not the first. Sometimes I think these coaches use poor judgement and practice when they shoulsn't but even subpar high school coaches make that mistake to be fair.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
This is how it is in college football. Even High school football is like that. Don't single Durkin out for yelling at players. All coaches do it. That doesn't make it a toxic environment. They know Durkin has their back.

Just because others are bad too shouldn't stop Durkin from being punished.

I agree that Durkin shouldn't be singled out, the others like him should be kicked out of college (and highschool) football as well.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Not defending what happened but millenials have ruined society that now we can't have yelling, kids cant get spanked, no parents discupline their kids the old fashion way or sometimes even at all, they wonder why society is now a gigantic cesspool. The death alone was good enough to remove him, I mean that was the ticket. I won't defend that one but I would also say it's not the first. Sometimes I think these coaches use poor judgement and practice when they shoulsn't but even subpar high school coaches make that mistake to be fair.

You are right it sucks we can't hit kids and can't smack a woman around who was asking for it as well.

What an awful time we live in.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Not defending what happened but millenials have ruined society that now we can't have yelling, kids cant get spanked, no parents discupline their kids the old fashion way or sometimes even at all, they wonder why society is now a gigantic cesspool. .

Where do you live?

violent-crime-some-still-well-historical-highs

"For 15 to 20 years both the violent and nonviolent crime rates as measured by the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report (UCR) have been dropping like a rock. It is now at the level of the early 1950s. It is very low," said Alan Lizotte, a professor in the School of Criminal Justice at the University at Albany, in email correspondence with PolitiFact.

Seems not beating the shit out of kids may be a good thing

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You are right it sucks we can't hit kids and can't smack a woman around who was asking for it as well.

What an awful time we live in.

LOL because a spanking is so detrimental. I jhave baby boomer parents and aunts and uncles. I've heard stories, it definitely feared kids to behave. In the long term it probably made them better people. I look at this generation, I hate being apart of it but i'm also old enough to see how these people act. Millenials act so entitled, like they all deserve the latest gadget in tech, they have no respect for others or others belongings. Social media has created a generation of narcissists. It's not that parents wanted to beat their kids for the jolly, they just knew it would strike fear in them. You're thinking of someone giving black eyes and teeing off, i'm just saying a paddle to the ass or a hand to the ass once hard, effective, short, not physically damaging.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Where do you live?

violent-crime-some-still-well-historical-highs

"For 15 to 20 years both the violent and nonviolent crime rates as measured by the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report (UCR) have been dropping like a rock. It is now at the level of the early 1950s. It is very low," said Alan Lizotte, a professor in the School of Criminal Justice at the University at Albany, in email correspondence with PolitiFact.

Seems not beating the **** out of kids may be a good thing

Upstate ny, why? Crime and especially drugs are a problem here. Crime and poverty go hand in hand. Poverty creates crime. Drug addiction can to a lesser scake. The system vreates criminals. In most cases the person you're robbing you don't know. You'te just looking for money or things you can sell for money. If there was no money there would be no crime. We actually could have cashless society but the powers have decided we can't. Tesla for example found a way to create electricity ysing the ground as a conductor. Think about that, no power lines, no cable companies and so on. Crime is nothing but morals and ethics. Laws themselves are not really. Anybody can form a club and make rules. You never got the choice to be a part of this socxiety, it was all you were presented and it was already chosen for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad