NCAA: 2018 Offseason

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Different workplaces obviously have different rules but if I had sex toys delivered to my workplace I can't imagine there wouldn't be negative reprecussions if not straight out firing. For a guy working at public education institute I think the standards would be similar if not higher.

But the other revelations all seem like no doubt fireable offenses in any workplace.

LOL hold on, he was allowed to take a nude photo at the people's house? This would actually confirm the power structure is into things like adultury and pedophilia among other things. If I recall Ken Starr who ran Baylor awhile back was in the DC power structure. He was a council "independently" for the Clinton thing in the 90's. Not that all this matters, i'm just saying this is the tip of the iceberg of what really goes on. Academia is just a breeding ground for mental illness and stuff. They seriously have things like safe spaces at universities now.

I'm jist telling you the reason why he wasn't fired back then goes much deeper than how Urban Meyer felt about him. Especially when that tweet says he took a nude photo at the White House. It's called a Domino effect. This goes beyond Ohio State likely, so not only could Gene Smith have nipped this in the butt but higher people may have as well. I'm not excusing his actions but this is no different than the Penn State thing. Theres rings being busted up through the Sandusky connection. Keeping it quiet had nothing to do with really protecting Sandusky, it was to prevent a gigantic mess beyond him. Once a big fish goes the rest start talking though. It's a club/fraternity.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Because accusing women of looking for a payday with zero evidence is a great way to encourage them to not say anything. Because in most of these cases the fear these women have and the relationship with their abusive husbands has them beat down so much that their self esteem is basically zero so creating an environment where they now have to face accusations based on nothing is a terrifying proposition for them and quite frankly a disgusting thing for someone to be advocating for.

They have it so much easier though. I have nothing against strippers but to me the background would matter, If they were financially struggling I would want to know that and i'm not somebody who cares about money. But the integrity would have to be questioned. I don't think it's wrong to look at these angles. When the mother comes out againt her as well you have to wonder. No, I did not look this woman up at all, I was just speaking in general as a hypothetical.

A lot of society will do unethical things for mobey, infact it's how the ultra rich get so rich.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

And if this is going to come down to believing between Brett McMurphy or Jeff Snook, I'm taking McMurphy. This is giving me flashbacks to some Penn State fans clinging on to every crackpot that was willing to tell them what they want to hear.

Meyer's issues with Smith date back to Florida. Moral Meyer should have bounced him then or, at the very least, fired him years ago at OSU. He had everything to lose after Florida and the way he snuck out of there.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Can't do that. It's akk about damage control. This goes way beyond Zach smith, even Ohio State. Zach Smith is just a fish in a pond. He's being thrown overboard for whatever reason. Keeping Sandusky wasn't about protecting him, it was about preventing the dam from bursting.

I can't trust media anymore, especially from the big outlets. Social media is toxic and all these journalists want now is the hits from tweeter.

Theres NO coincidence who the judge was in the drunk driving reduction, none. That was intentional. Because this goes beyond Zach Smith.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Now it all makes sense. I doubt Meyer knew about the photo at the White House either/ Meyer may have known stuff but this goes way behind him "beating" his wife at this point. Is Meyer a mormon? I know he spent years in Utah. Mormons apparently have two factions. The ones who arent monogamous and one's who are devout. Zach Smith appears to have a lot of issues. But I highly doubt hes the first and won't be the last.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
They have it so much easier though. I have nothing against strippers but to me the background would matter, If they were financially struggling I would want to know that and i'm not somebody who cares about money. But the integrity would have to be questioned. I don't think it's wrong to look at these angles. When the mother comes out againt her as well you have to wonder. No, I did not look this woman up at all, I was just speaking in general as a hypothetical.

A lot of society will do unethical things for mobey, infact it's how the ultra rich get so rich.

What does strippers have to do with abuse victims?

And sure people will do unethical things for money but the default position shouldn't be to question the person making the claim of abuse as that leads to people being scared to come forward to report it.

Personally if the option was we may get a few cases of false claims versus many cases of unreported abuses I would take the few cases of false claims, but considering the tiny amount of these cases there are and massive amounts of unreported abuse cases I am fine leaning towards doing everything possible to make it easier for people to report abuse.

Mar 1, 2002
Source: Georgia RB White suffers 2nd torn ACL

White, the No. 1 running back and No. 15 player overall in the 2018 ESPN 300, tore the ACL in his right knee in November, while playing in the state playoffs at Laurinburg (N.C.) Scotland High School. He enrolled at Georgia in January and was limited in spring practice while recovering from the injury. He had been wearing a brace on his right knee in preseason practices.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yeah... I say we change the topic of this thread. let's do O/U!

Texas wins 8 games over or under.

Sep 19, 2008
Rumor is Urb might be suspended and not fired outright. He is even "fighting back against a suspension"

I honestly think Durkin should go more than Urb. What Durkin did amounts to abuse against a player.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Penn state and texas working on a future home and home. Would be nice. Penn states ooc schedule has been so bad. Think they got future games against wvu, vt, and auburn though.

Mar 1, 2002
Rumor is Urb might be suspended and not fired outright. He is even "fighting back against a suspension"

I honestly think Durkin should go more than Urb. What Durkin did amounts to abuse against a player.
there's no doubt that what happened in Maryland is worse and what happened with the assistant coach at Ohio State.

We still really have no idea what Meyer or Ohio State did wrong if anything at all. We know what happened in Maryland.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
there's no doubt that what happened in Maryland is worse and what happened with the assistant coach at Ohio State.

We still really have no idea what Meyer or Ohio State did wrong if anything at all. We know what happened in Maryland.

The media wants to play god, thats all we really know. Something to know is the timing. Back in the day Paterno was like 100, close enough, getting rid of him wasn't that hard. Wasnt he basically on a year to year basis at the end? It's not like the program was flourishing in the 2000's for the most part. Now with Meyer, the program is as strong as ever on the field but he's worth a lot of money. On one hand you could say....maybe they don't want to pay him, on another you might say they were quiet because of the on the field success. Who wanted to rock that boat? They likely won't finf a better coach on the black market, especially this late in the summer. They have a good enough team to compete and won't be on probation. They just have to make this investigation look real. Hence the slow time.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
2nd degree sexual assault of an intoxicated victim and 3rd degree sexual assault. First charge is up to 40 years, second is 10. Danny Davis may be involved as well as he allegedly took photos.

More disturbed by the guy taking the photos. The age of social media addiction. Was probably in a hurry to post it on SlapFace o whatever that stupid site is. Was he also intoxicated?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->