2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Wait until you do a dynasty draft then - having those drafts when you get the player forever is way more exciting/interesting than any regular draft I've been in.

A dynasty draft/league would be pretty fun. I wouldn't complain if 1 of my 3 leagues became one. I think I am just hooked on the fresh start at every year of a yearly draft.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
3 should be the minimum - many leagues do 4 or 5, but I think 3 is good.

Only one of my 7 dynasty leagues have 3 rounds. If I made the one I'm talking about 3 rounds, that would be 2 of 7.

A dynasty draft/league would be pretty fun. I wouldn't complain if 1 of my 3 leagues became one. I think I am just hooked on the fresh start at every year of a yearly draft.

The thing with one year leagues is that you could easily be done by Week 9. There isn't much incentive to keep trying at that point unless there is a punishment for last.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Also, for housekeeping purposes (I didn't want it to get lost with the post above.), I will close this thread on August 1st. I will then make a 2018 discussion thread and a 2018 rate my team thread.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Only one of my 7 dynasty leagues have 3 rounds. If I made the one I'm talking about 3 rounds, that would be 2 of 7.

The thing with one year leagues is that you could easily be done by Week 9. There isn't much incentive to keep trying at that point unless there is a punishment for last.

I think it really depends on roster limits and rules. If you are playing 2QB or Superflex, 3 rounds should be minimum.. there is an extra half-round of talent in QBs.

But yeah, if you have smaller rosters and just 1QB, I can see 2 rounds.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

I can see where that would be an issue in some leagues. I am only in three competitive $ yearly leagues. No one is allowed to drop or have void rosters or they are gone. Everyone competes as there are incentives for weekly top finishes. Fortunately I either luck out in the draft or like to believe I have great drafting strategies so being done by week 9 is usually not an issue. I did join a few random nfl.com leagues last year but that was a waste of time and like you said no incentive for people to play.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I can see where that would be an issue in some leagues. I am only in three competitive $ yearly leagues. No one is allowed to drop or have void rosters or they are gone. Everyone competes as there are incentives for weekly top finishes. Fortunately I either luck out in the draft or like to believe I have great drafting strategies so being done by week 9 is usually not an issue. I did join a few random nfl.com leagues last year but that was a waste of time and like you said no incentive for people to play.

Public leagues suck. I learned my lesson a long time ago.

Reactions: tacogeoff

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I know this thread will be closed down but wanted to bring a quick question up. In a PPR league with 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, Flex, D, K - with your first two picks, baring any drops, prioritizing RBs is the correct bet right? Havent played PPR in a few years.

EDIT: Wanted to followup with this question - Brown & Elliot are there at #4 in PPR. Who do you take?

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So I know this thread will be closed down but wanted to bring a quick question up. In a PPR league with 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, Flex, D, K - with your first two picks, baring any drops, prioritizing RBs is the correct bet right? Havent played PPR in a few years.

EDIT: Wanted to followup with this question - Brown & Elliot are there at #4 in PPR. Who do you take?

Prioritizing RB is likely best.

I like Elliott over Brown.

Reactions: sa cyred

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

That's a tough call. Brown should get the most points out of anyone in PPR. But I think that Elliott will catch a lot more passes due to the lack of options that Dallas has at receiver. I'd go Elliott as well, but it's really close.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So, for the league that I posted in post 24, the last place team from last year traded Dalvin Cook to the team that went 13-0 in the regular season (didn't win it all) for A.J. Green straight up. The last place team now has a running back depth chart of Tevin Coleman, Frank Gore, DeAndre Washington and Jamaal Charles (and Saquon, although he's probably dumb enough to pass on him, I guess).

My team:

QB- Rivers
RB- Elliott, Kamara
WR- Evans, Cooper, Nelson
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- L. Miller
K- Lutz
DEF- KC
BN- Stafford, Burkhead, Drake, Bernard, Westbrook, Hogan, Maclin, Fuller, Samuel, Walker
IR- Dixon, Meredith

Undefeated team:

QB- Brees
RB- Bell, Freeman
WR- Brown, Hopkins, Thomas
TE- Kelce
Flex- Cook
K- Gostkowski
DEF- JAX
BN- Garoppolo, Winston, McKinnon, Hyde, Conner, McGuire, Jeffery, Hollins, M. Williams, Godwin, H. Henry, Njoku

Should I blow it up since I probably have no chance?

Edit: The super team is in my division.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
So, for the league that I posted in post 24, the last place team from last year traded Dalvin Cook to the team that went 13-0 in the regular season (didn't win it all) for A.J. Green straight up. The last place team now has a running back depth chart of Tevin Coleman, Frank Gore, DeAndre Washington and Jamaal Charles (and Saquon, although he's probably dumb enough to pass on him, I guess).

My team:

QB- Rivers
RB- Elliott, Kamara
WR- Evans, Cooper, Nelson
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- L. Miller
K- Lutz
DEF- KC
BN- Stafford, Burkhead, Drake, Bernard, Westbrook, Hogan, Maclin, Fuller, Samuel, Walker
IR- Dixon, Meredith

Undefeated team:

QB- Brees
RB- Bell, Freeman
WR- Brown, Hopkins, Thomas
TE- Kelce
Flex- Cook
K- Gostkowski
DEF- JAX
BN- Garoppolo, Winston, McKinnon, Hyde, Conner, McGuire, Jeffery, Hollins, M. Williams, Godwin, H. Henry, Njoku

Should I blow it up since I probably have no chance?

Edit: The super team is in my division.

Man, that's tough. Your team is solid all around except at WR.

Buddy has outrageous WRs, but you have him beat at RB and TE.

Contact the dingus and try to get AJ Green from him?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
So I've been named as the new commissioner of my main league.

I need a good commissioner team name now.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad