Patriots/NFL 2018 Regular Season - 1-0 - On to Jacksonville 9/16 4:25 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
NFL adds 15-yard penalty for grounds crew clearing snow for a field goal

Just before Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri lined up for a game-tying extra point on a snowy day last season in Buffalo, the Colts sent some sideline personnel onto the field to attempt to remove snow from the area where the kick would be lined up, and help Vinatieri get better footing. That was a violation of league rules, but no penalty was called.

Where's the four game suspension for Vinatieri? Loss of first round draft pick?

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m not at all upset that Edelman’s suspension got upheld. He’s coming off a major injury, not getting any younger (two reasons why he was taking the PEDs to begin with), and once he’s playing, he will go balls to the wall.

The extra 4 weeks rest will be good for him come Dec/Jan and it will (hopefully) allow Brady to build some chemistry with the newer receivers.

Reactions: sleepyh

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I’m not at all upset that Edelman’s suspension got upheld. He’s coming off a major injury, not getting any younger (two reasons why he was taking the PEDs to begin with), and once he’s playing, he will go balls to the wall.

The extra 4 weeks rest will be good for him come Dec/Jan and it will (hopefully) allow Brady to build some chemistry with the newer receivers.

except he still hasn't played in, what, a year now?

Rather see him practicing with the team...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
except he still hasn't played in, what, a year now?

Rather see him practicing with the team...

That’s your prerogative.

I’m sure he’s not going to be sitting on his ass in September while he’s suspended. Also, he has already been training with Brady and will continue to do so.

Color me not worried.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
That’s your prerogative.

I’m sure he’s not going to be sitting on his ass in September while he’s suspended. Also, he has already been training with Brady and will continue to do so.

Color me not worried.

I have many prerogatives.

I'm not worried either, especially considering the competition.

But it's still a reality of things

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yesterday when I googled it, all the cover photos were from the one year he was a Patriot and not the much longer period in which he was a Seahawk. One of the headlines even mentioned "former Patriot Brandon Browner"

Why does the media want to drag the Pats through the mud so much?

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yesterday when I googled it, all the cover photos were from the one year he was a Patriot and not the much longer period in which he was a Seahawk. One of the headlines even mentioned "former Patriot Brandon Browner"

Why does the media want to drag the Pats through the mud so much?

Doing the same, I see some Seahawks pictures, and some Saints pictures (who Browner last played with). The "Former Patriot Brandon Browner" headline is from Boston.com.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Writers tried to spite him. He’s just doing it back. On stats alone he should have been a surefire first ballot.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Writers tried to spite him. He’s just doing it back. On stats alone he should have been a surefire first ballot.

He was a huge pain in the ass and was a major problem for multiple teams. He also had way more drops than he should have. It's not exactly indefensible he waited a whopping three years for a Hall of Fame with a huge backlog of guys who deserve to be in.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Frankly, I think this has the potential to be a bottom five defense in 2018. What are the rest of y'alls thoughts on the D?

Possible, but not likely IMO. And that's mostly only because the "official" rankings are based on yardage, not points given up. I could see them being in the bottom 10 or so in terms of yards given up but be ranked in the top half of the league in points given up.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Possible, but not likely IMO. And that's mostly only because the "official" rankings are based on yardage, not points given up. I could see them being in the bottom 10 or so in terms of yards given up but be ranked in the top half of the league in points given up.

2017 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Great point. They were 29th in yards allowed last year, 5th in points allowed per game.

I think looking at passing yards per game tells us a lot. Last year they were 30th. Hopefully Jason McCourty and a more experienced Gilmore will be a big improvement over "in-a-huge-f***-cause-he-didnt-get-the-contract-he-wanted" Butler and "sucks-for-half-the-season-while-the-team-figures-out-how-to-use-him" Gilmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->