Grading Luongo

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Grading Roberto Luongo
upload_2018-7-17_21-38-5.jpeg

Still a top 5 all time wins leader and his game is still there as evident by that last stretch. Unlike when he interrupted Dan Ellis' hot streak, he ended Sateri's in the opposite direction leaving me thinking he deserved a Vezina for the last month and a half of hockey...A for me.

@adam graves @Catsfan7 @pb1300 @Chino Oscar @CaptainScrewy @Dread Clawz @PanthersHockey1 @BeezKnees @Kellyr @Matthias Nation@Deadmaus @IM Clutcm @Jean Luc Discard @ZamBroni @Ryeram @Optimus Reim @skitsofrantic911@PC76@patthebat@HeroGreed@Pragmatic Panther @BabyBarkov @Mogo @CatscratchFever @Haj @Clint @Chaos2k7 @harv3317 @Ghoste@pantherbot@Great8Cam@ShootIt@RainingRats@FloriDada @Olax @16Skippy @gizmo12688 @Skeletorrr @iam76 @5 Hole @PSLguy@ucanthanzalthetruth@klabob @FlaPanthers11 @EnforceTheLaus @I am not exposed @Kilipukki @Little Bobby Boo @Warrn @goCatsgo4 @sashalaine@jvr32 @Sportpsych90 @RunAndGun @letsgrowcactus @Dnigly13 @galaktx @ScottyMascotty @Beach Reptil @drktmplr12 @matmeshow@Gaebriel@flapanthersfan @Pumaconcolorcoryi @SwissLeaf @Aksu @MPGA @Piglet @GermanPanther @Jakeybonz @CanadianPantherFan@SoupyFIN@Beezer @zeroG@batting1k @Desert Panther@PantherboyHTR @Panthers Rock @FlaPnthrsPunk @angry_treefrog @JonathanHuberdoh@flapanthersfan @Beezeral @The Underboss @BB88 @ThePatientPanther @IceManCat @Vilam @Kid Icarus @Dabeast @Handlethepasses @Ekblast@vendetta @Matheson4Prez @Sparkman112 @Thewselius @juggernaut @Android 16 @spacemanatee @Egblad @Erased @HockeyRulez @Holy Jokinen @jakethesnake23 @Shockley @Aksu @barkovcanfinnish @AwesomePanthers @ursavolta @flomarilius @Rahooji @WESEERED @panthertod@Panteras@ratmanfu @cowboy82nd@Brokin @JP Mick @MillarWithASave @Bure1096

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
A for effort and intention, B for results and health. Because the latter matters on the scoresheet, overall B+.

Need a bit more this season.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
A, he was easily a top 10 goalie when he played. 30-40 games like that and nothing else you can ask for. Need more from Reimer, not Lu this year. I expect him to be good when he's healthy (healthy meaning able to play through his injuries)

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I gave him an A. His play was very good and it's fantastic to see him still perform at this level.

He probably deserves a B because of health concern, but It's Luongo, I didn't have it in me to give him a B after such great games.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This poll doesn't make sense, there's no way his level of play was at a B last year, why should he be punished for being old and having to sit out through his ongoing injuries?

If Barkov misses his usual 20 games this year, will he get a B next year too?

Gave him B+

He probably has two years left in him still. I want to see him lift the Cup this season!

-ghoste

500 win mark as well if he plays till 2020

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This poll doesn't make sense, there's no way his level of play was at a B last year, why should he be punished for being old and having to sit out through his ongoing injuries?

My B+ was due to results.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

His level of play wasnt a B for sure....for the majority anyway. I did take points away for his early season performance (before December) where he was allowing a ton of goals....though Ill acknowledge the overall defensive play was bad. But some of those games, like against Tampa...were rough. Ill blame it on rust but it does take away from his grade.

Luongo when rested was absolutely amazing, there is no debate on that. However, there were a couple of games where you could see the fatigue setting in and he would let in soft goals. It's not his fault fatigue set in, but he does still get graded on that performance. Those are mainly the reasons why I gave him an 89.

Barkov does get critiqued when he had(s) injury plagued seasons. His durability is constantly questioned...though his performance is pretty much an A all the time.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
If Luongo is a B.....then wtf is the younger Reimer? Is there a grade below "F"? LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad