2018 Offseason Grade The Player: Micheal Haley

Grading Haley

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I actually want to talk about this because there's a very interesting conversation to be had about a player like Michael Haley and I would be interested to hear from other fellow athletes who have played at a competitive level. Whether that's high school, college, semi pro, pro, etc... I think those will understand my point.

I get the sense, and I could be wrong, that Haley is very much liked in that locker room. I get the sense that he is a guy that ties on ice and off ice conversations together. A calming veteran presence if you will. IF I am correct, that is absolutely huge for a young team like ours. Sometimes we forget that these guys are real human beings with real emotions. (And heres where my fellow athletes will can chime in). The success of a team is almost always directly correlated with locker room happiness. Often times there's a group of 3-5 guys that always lightens the mood and provide a calming presence, and often times at least one of those guys isn't a top player, or anything close to a top player.

IF Haley is one of those guys, which I think most of us would agree he is, that alone is worth the minimum contract he is making. So, in my opinion there's a spot for Haley on this team.
Alas there's hope for the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad