Grading Haley

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
GRADING MICHEAL HALEY
upload_2018-7-11_20-53-44.jpeg

I'm going with B for no other reason than lack of point production, otherwise he did his job and did it well! He's no MacIntyre, but he's effective and people know they can't take liberties without having to deal with Haley!

@adam graves @Catsfan7 @pb1300 @Chino Oscar @CaptainScrewy @Dread Clawz @PanthersHockey1 @BeezKnees @Kellyr @Matthias Nation@Deadmaus @IM Clutcm @Jean Luc Discard @ZamBroni @Ryeram @Optimus Reim @skitsofrantic911 @PC76 @patthebat@HeroGreed@Pragmatic Panther @BabyBarkov @Mogo @CatscratchFever @Haj @Clint @Chaos2k7 @harv3317 @Ghoste @pantherbot @Great8Cam@ShootIt@RainingRats@FloriDada @Olax @16Skippy @gizmo12688 @Skeletorrr @iam76 @5 Hole @PSLguy @ucanthanzalthetruth @klabob @FlaPanthers11 @EnforceTheLaus @I am not exposed @Kilipukki @Little Bobby Boo @Warrn @goCatsgo4 @sashalaine @jvr32 @Sportpsych90 @RunAndGun @letsgrowcactus @Dnigly13 @galaktx @ScottyMascotty @Beach Reptil @drktmplr12 @matmeshow @Gaebriel @flapanthersfan @Pumaconcolorcoryi @SwissLeaf @Aksu @MPGA @Piglet @GermanPanther @Jakeybonz @CanadianPantherFan @SoupyFIN @Beezer @zeroG@batting1k @Desert Panther@PantherboyHTR @Panthers Rock @FlaPnthrsPunk @angry_treefrog @JonathanHuberdoh @flapanthersfan @Beezeral@The Underboss@BB88@ThePatientPanther @IceManCat @Vilam @Kid Icarus @Dabeast @Handlethepasses @Ekblast @vendetta@Matheson4Prez@Sparkman112@Thewselius @juggernaut @Android 16 @spacemanatee @Egblad @Erased @HockeyRulez @Holy Jokinen @jakethesnake23 @Shockley@Aksu@barkovcanfinnish@AwesomePanthers @ursavolta @flomarilius @Rahooji @WESEERED @panthertod @Panteras @ratmanfu @cowboy82nd@Brokin @JP Mick @MillarWithASave @Bure1096 @Benched

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
D.
He's a pest, that was overplayed.
He's a bad player, but not like he was out there slacking or not hustling or trying. If he played 30-40 games I doubt the hate for him would be too high. Not only did he play a lot of games but got a decent amount of ice time for a goon

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Giving a D+

I love old school hockey, love checks, love fights. Love how you don't need to be huge and can still have huge balls. That said, Bob plays him way too much. He hustles and can play a bit but should realistically only get 15 games max. Let Mamin play more games.

-ghoste

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I mean if he was here to be a regular player, I'd understand the grades here...like PSL said, not his fault hes played more than he should be...

If he was an ineffective fighter, sure, but for what he is, hes better than average.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Accidentally voted F.

Wanted to do a D.

It's not his fault he was played so much

But...he was still bad. I think he had one meaningful fight. One.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I mean if he was here to be a regular player, I'd understand the grades here...like PSL said, not his fault hes played more than he should be...

If he was an ineffective fighter, sure, but for what he is, hes better than average.
But staged fights are useless:

Kulikov doesn't let Thornton fight and takes on Mckenzie on his own, gets his ass kicked but takes it for himself for the low hip-check on Seguin (great commentary from Lindsay, I miss him on color)

Bjugstad sticks up for Matheson after the dirty hit from Olksiak

Captain vs Captain for the Richards hit

Mike Richards vs David Booth Mar 3, 2010

No comment needed here

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
And then you have this garbage-replace dot with a .

https://www.foxsportsdotcom/florida/video/1176556611773

3-0 Florida and he just says Nolan's name and fights, and they laugh together in the box after about how last time they agreed left hands only.. And look, I get it from Nolan and Haley's perspective, 2 friends just trying to earn another paycheck. But relevant fights never involve goons, and this staged stuff is useless.

Boughner plays arguably the worst player in the league every game because he likes crap like this? Yeesh.

Olax

Jun 15, 2009
He played as well as he could I guess but I don't really see him as positive effect for the team winning games. There might be some things we can't see or understand that make him in reality more valuable but as far as I can see, he is virtually useless player today.

D

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He played as well as he could I guess but I don't really see him as positive effect for the team winning games. There might be some things we can't see or understand that make him in reality more valuable but as far as I can see, he is virtually useless player today.

D
Can't, don't, or won't?

The entire point of having Haley is for those intangibles.

Its so if the other team has a Haley or Burrows or Kesler or Marchand, Huberdeau and Dadonov can skate with the insurance that those guys won't stop them from playing their game without knowing it won't come without a price.

Again, if job was for any other reason but for what does NOT show up on paper.

Those staged fights you guys complain about is not only a necessary job justification and a good measure of who holds the upper hand by physical display, but that they are both a long standing tradition in a game and league that should hold and carry these "goons" in a much higher regard.

Haley provides a good level of comfort and when he scored his game winning goal if you HUMAN BEINGS didn't feel the extra emotion...

Tanner Glass was a D because he was totally ineffective but he at the very least busted his ass amd didn't let actions go without something/ anything being done. Haley actually managed to put some points up.

Thornton was a D because as useless as he was as a player AND fighter. His name and presence alone provided SOMETHING keeping him from absolute failure...

Do that many of you really not understand?

Go watch Last Gladiators on Netflix or something...

We're people. Theyre people. Imagine fighting in front of millions watching. @ucanthanzalthetruth

Last edited:

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
C

Right or wrong he was brought in to fight, and he did exactly that. I think he’s a below average 4th liner but I liked our team being tough last year and fighting everybody, rather than being soft and letting teams run us.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't mind Haley too much. I like the element he brings. If this team wasn't so soft, and has/had been for years, I wouldn't concern myself too much with having him on the team. But this team needs testosterone in the worst way. And I'm not just talking about fighting - fights, driving to the net, shooting - anything. We need testosterone.
As long as he's on the fourth line, it's cool. And he fights good too, I love having a fighter on my team that wins his fights.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
The idea that Haley protects players means that he must be on the ice at all times.

Where was he when Boston's trash goon player took Barkov out at the end of the season ?

Its a waste of a roster spot.

Reactions: klabob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad