Grading Pysyk

• Total voters

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I expect @CHGoalie27 to finish off this series but it's been a few days (Trocheck next please)

D, he deserved the chance he got last year but it didn't work out, he was overmatched. Makes that contract not look great but he'll fit in well again on the 3rd pair.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If Bjugstad won the Most Improved Player award....Mark Pysyk won the Most Regressive Player award.

Aggressive disappointment....even if I expected the drop-off because of the stiffer competition he would face.....arguably our worst D last season.

Reactions: EnforceTheLaus

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You skipped ppl @ucanthanzalthetruth :[

Ill make the next player in a few mins lol then when we get to this guy...we are at this guy LOL

...just cuz yer impatient to bash em!

Last edited:

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
F. If a player making almost 3 million is replaced with a 30 year old Russian with no NHL experience on a minimum contract and everyone is happy, you know he was bad. Really big letdown.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I wonder, when thinking of Pysyk's play last season, how many other people also think first of the double giveaway for goals game @ nashville. He's doomed in here lol

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Gave him a D

Really steady the season before, fell off last season. But I think he'll be as solid as a 5th/6th defenseman can be if just left on the 3rd pair.

-ghoste

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
After so many people were singing his praises in his first season here, he was basically saying that he was a 3rd pairing defenseman at best. And playing 2nd pairing he was exposed, and couldn't perform any tasks at that level. Something on those lines anyway.
How did he know that before this year though? He had only played 3rd pair minutes and excelled.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
C-/D+

Expected more out of him.
Haven't decided yet which grade to go with yet.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
How did he know that before this year though? He had only played 3rd pair minutes and excelled.

I think there were a few games in that season when he was thrust into a second pairing role/minutes, and he started to struggle. It does seem to ring a bell.

Where is vendetta anyway? Haven't seen him post for a while.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think there were a few games in that season when he was thrust into a second pairing role/minutes, and he started to struggle. It does seem to ring a bell.

Where is vendetta anyway? Haven't seen him post for a while.

I think he moved up in pairs after Ekblad went down/struggled and Demers moved up in pairs.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Buffalo knew his skillset was limited so he only got easy matchups. Turk knew it as well-again only easy matchups. It was a stupid move in a stupid summer to give him that role with no evidence he could succeed.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Buffalo knew his skillset was limited so he only got easy matchups. Turk knew it as well-again only easy matchups. It was a stupid move in a stupid summer to give him that role with no evidence he could succeed.
But it’s not like kulikov worked much better.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
But it’s not like kulikov worked much better.
Kulikov was long gone when he got that role, its probably a fair point to say Florida should have shored up the defense because despite the fact it clearly wasnt working there was no one else to turn to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->