Grading Malgin

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Grading Denis Malgin
8478843.jpg

Pretty good first almost full year, hopefully he sees a little more consistency, I remember him scoring some meaningful goals. I don't think the stats reflect how good he looked. I think he'd look better if he didn't have to deal with the inconsistencies within the line up, no way he doesn't improve even more next year.

@adam graves @Catsfan7 @pb1300 @Chino Oscar @CaptainScrewy @Dread Clawz @PanthersHockey1 @BeezKnees @Kellyr @Matthias Nation@Deadmaus @IM Clutcm @Jean Luc Discard @ZamBroni @Ryeram @Optimus Reim@skitsofrantic911@PC76@patthebat@HeroGreed@Pragmatic Panther @BabyBarkov @Mogo @CatscratchFever @Haj @Clint @Chaos2k7 @harv3317@Ghoste@pantherbot@Great8Cam@ShootIt@RainingRats@FloriDada @Olax @16Skippy @gizmo12688 @Skeletorrr @iam76 @5 Hole@PSLguy@ucanthanzalthetruth@klabob @FlaPanthers11 @EnforceTheLaus @I am not exposed @Kilipukki @Little Bobby Boo @Warrn @goCatsgo4@sashalaine@jvr32 @Sportpsych90 @RunAndGun @letsgrowcactus @Dnigly13 @galaktx @ScottyMascotty @Beach Reptil @drktmplr12@matmeshow@Gaebriel@flapanthersfan @Pumaconcolorcoryi @SwissLeaf @Aksu @MPGA @Piglet @GermanPanther @Jakeybonz@CanadianPantherFan@SoupyFIN@Beezer @zeroG@batting1k @Desert Panther@PantherboyHTR @Panthers Rock @FlaPnthrsPunk@angry_treefrog @JonathanHuberdoh@flapanthersfan @Beezeral @The Underboss @BB88 @ThePatientPanther @IceManCat @Vilam @Kid Icarus@Dabeast @Handlethepasses @Ekblast@vendetta @Matheson4Prez @Sparkman112 @Thewselius @juggernaut @Android 16 @spacemanatee@Egblad @Erased @HockeyRulez @Holy Jokinen @jakethesnake23 @Shockley @Aksu @barkovcanfinnish @AwesomePanthers @ursavolta@flomarilius @Rahooji @WESEERED @panthertod@Panteras@ratmanfu @cowboy82nd@Brokin @JP Mick @MillarWithASave @Bure1096 @Benched

Last edited:

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Malgin should be on the 3rd line with McCann and Vatrano. He has an awesome IQ and a lethal shot. I remember calling one of his goals this season on the power play. He oftrn set up a play where he shot off the back board and Ekblad would be there to clean up by design. But, one night he put it on goal and caught the goalie cheating to defend the back board play.

Edit: Goal mentioned was against the Jets.

Set up plays for Ekblad 2 mins in:

Was impressed with his two-way play last season. Should do well to cover for Vatrano.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He was just starting to hit his stride then got injured mid way the season. He didn't find that same stride the rest of the season tho

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
B. Promising player who’s already contributing. Could become a Tyler Johnson-ish contributor.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
B.

Great speed and skills but he strikes me as a player who slays at the AHL level yet has trouble translating that scoring touch to the NHL. But he's still very young and has a year or two to really flesh out his game and become a legit top-6 NHL scoring threat. He didn't disappoint gievn his somewhat limited role this year however, but needs to step it up and keep improving.

That assist around the back boards to Ekblad was totally unintentional, by the way.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
B.

Great speed and skills but he strikes me as a player who slays at the AHL level yet has trouble translating that scoring touch to the NHL. But he's still very young and has a year or two to really flesh out his game and become a legit top-6 NHL scoring threat. He didn't disappoint gievn his somewhat limited role this year however, but needs to step it up and keep improving.

That assist around the back boards to Ekblad was totally unintentional, by the way.
He did it in 3 straight games, it's a set play.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think most sayed already. Young skilled forward, good 2 Way Game, but had problem with Injuries. I see for him making the next step upcoming Season.
Special his Hockey IQ at his Age makes me hope for more.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
AHL
28GP 7G 19A 26PTS 0.93

NHL
47GP 6G 4A 10PTS --FIRST
51GP 11G 11A 22PTS --SECOND

He doubled his first year totals in year 2. If he stays healthy, plays all 82, then he could be close to 20G 20A 40PTS ish. We get that kind of production from a depth player like that then we're headed to the playoffs.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
B.

Hopefully for his sake not another Ken Gernander, one the AHLs top players for years would come up to the Rangers, do well(or better than most of his teammates) and get sent back and buried anyway

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
C for the Swissman.
Will have some competition for ice time but have to think he can hit 15 goals/40+pts if given the right amount of 5 on 5 and PP time.

Felt like he may be the odd man out if Bjugstad stayed and Tippett makes the team. Only so many spots but I think he works well as a 2RW or 3RW for time being, up to him to prove this year if he's worth a multi year deal and sticking around Sunrise a couple more years.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I have no idea how to do it but if you head over to Jamison Olive twitter page he tweeted a picture of one of the canals in Ft. Laud. saying Malgin is back. If you open the thread there is a GIF of Malgin trying to out do Mamin and Tro on the bucket slam dunk. Maybe someone can post the GIF on this thread.:laugh:

Of course after he nails it the music starts and we have a dance off as Malgin shows his moves. By the way, the kid looks jacked. Easy 185 or 190. He has no intention of heading back to Springfield. ;)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.ph...re-i-really-want-to-stay-in-florida-long-term

Malgin's Entry-Level contract is going to expire after the 2018-19 season and the 21-year-old Swiss-Russian forward will be a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) - unless resigned to a new deal before July 1. As Malgin reveals, however, he is not keen to change address: "I really want to stay in Florida long term."

I have a really good feeling about Malgin.

I honestly see him working on the 2nd line with Trocheck. Thus we are able to spread the wealth on those top 3 lines when it comes to potential scoring.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Holy shit Malgins thigh looking in this Vid really massive. But no matter he looks strong and fit, this battle for the last Spots on this Teams will be really heavy.

Im really seeing McK and Haley be the media Player for upcoming Season. ;)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I have a really good feeling about Malgin.

I honestly see him working on the 2nd line with Trocheck. Thus we are able to spread the wealth on those top 3 lines when it comes to potential scoring.

For real i would like see him on 3rd Line or playing consistent with Mammin, to many good Players this Season. I think the first two Center Postion nothing we must change, more interisting will be during Sickness or maybe smaller Injuries who replace the Position then. With Malgin and Borgstrom 2 young Center who could be strong replacement.

Reactions: I am not exposed

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
The biggest knocks on Malgin for me are consistency and getting pushed off the puck too easily. I love his smarts and scoring ability, so I am rooting for him to lock down a spot somewhere. I like that he is beefing up, that will help with being pushed around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad