2018 Offseason Grade The Player: Aleksander Barkov

Grading Barkov

• Total voters

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
For a 1st line center, he's an A. He's one of the best in the league and definitely the best Center in Panthers' history. I hope he brings it next season and get a Selke.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
A for awesome. Sasha The Finnish Genius is a franchise player yet and can become to the whole league somebody like Datsyuk. Of course if he'll lead the Panthers to glory and victory. He has maximal talent and potential to do it.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
his speed and lack of killer instict are his only flaws. great puck protection, shooting, passing, vision, IQ, defense, etc. the speed really holds him back from being the #3,4C in the nhl. B+

His speed? I know he doesn't move his legs as quick as others, but i think its because he is so big and his stride so powerful.. he creates so many breakaways/partial breakaways straight up the middle of the ice and you can't do that if you are not "fast". Like his hands, IQ, D, etc, I think his skating is absolutely elite. Just my view.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
41ga7TsM0sL.SX522_.jpg

Reactions: I am not exposed

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
His speed? I know he doesn't move his legs as quick as others, but i think its because he is so big and his stride so powerful.. he creates so many breakaways/partial breakaways straight up the middle of the ice and you can't do that if you are not "fast". Like his hands, IQ, D, etc, I think his skating is absolutely elite. Just my view.
People chuckled when I suggested Mats Sundin on draft day.

He might just be better than that even especially with the D side of the equation.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yeah, his speed/stride or whatever you want to call it took another level last season. He was quick. What he was doing with that lady figure skater definitely paid off.

-ghoste

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
People chuckled when I suggested Mats Sundin on draft day.

He might just be better than that even especially with the D side of the equation.
I think I got heckled when I said he’ll be better than Joe Thornton back in his rookie year.

So I’ll raise the stakes. Barky will be the league MVP, deservedly, in 2 or 3 years.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Going out of business with horrible quality control and overpriced junk?
Oi. Good catch.

Well I ~ mean I have an Epiphone Custom Shop Chameleon glittered piece that plays wonderfully enough that I wont be gettin rid of it any time soon, but truthfully and thanks to the greatest band of all time, I'm an ESP guy by first choice. Shoulda just went with LTD and ESP then I guess?

Mass Panther Fan

Dec 8, 2015
A- I'd like to see him shoot more and I would like to see him take over a game and shoulder the team when it's a close game and time is dwindling. I know ekblad and trocheck already try to do it but can you all imagine if barkov had a 6th gear?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->