2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Right, the Flyers have only 3 players.

Is there something emotionally satisfying in viewing the most severely negative possible outcome as reality?

Ridiculous commentary.

if giroux, jake, and courturier dont show up, then it's only the three players you are relying on aka patrick, provy, ghost. you are not going to win if it's just patrick, provy, ghost. understand what im saying?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
if giroux, jake, courturier dont repeat those stats in 2019 season, this team is going to be in trouble. you only have provy, ghost, and patrick to pick it up, that's not going to be enough, simmonds is streaky, there's hardly any elite players in our bottom 6, that's what hurt us this past season, i just dont see how this team will compete with just three players.
Are there a lot of teams out there that have ELITE players in their bottom 6?

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
What's going on with Coyle though? Every single wild fan throws him in trade proposal the same way we do with Simmer. It just doesn't smell right.
He is the king of brain farts , we don't want him , ones who do obviously don,t watch him a lot .

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
if giroux, jake, and courturier dont show up, then it's only the three players you are relying on aka patrick, provy, ghost. you are not going to win if it's just patrick, provy, ghost. understand what im saying?

Actually there is still TK, Lindblom and a healthy Simmonds, who last I checked, is still on the team

Reactions: kelmitchell

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bobby Cherry Hill has 4 years left on his deal at over 7 million a year. There's a big difference between him and the other stop gap deals he's made.

Please don't get my hopes up.:heart:

Doesn't he also have a NTC which would be a problem come the ED draft.

Reactions: BernieParent

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018

I refuse to comprehend hysterical gibberish.

We get it,.

you're going to whine and whine and whine and draw the most negative conclusions imaginable.
so i guess if crosby, malkein, and kessel dont show up then the pens are trouble..... what brilliant analysis

It's not my idea of an interesting or intellectually beneficial conversation. I could answer a phone call from a "friend",whose idea of a conversation is perpetually ranting about getting ripped off a large sum of money 10 yrs ago, if I wanted to engage in lunacy.

How bout focus on the possibilities of what the roster could look like in a couple seasons given the current young talent base and incoming prospects...... oh nevermind........... we already know the answer.... back to the beginning of the ranting ......

Reactions: kudymen and Norze

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If JVR is not going to be in a defensive role, why would they play him on the third line with a rookie? Much less with a 7 million dollar price tag. If JVR is such a disaster defensively, playing him with a first year center in a secondary roles is not going to make it better, nor does it make Hextall's 35 million dollar investment look that smart.

JVR is going to be on Patrick's LW for at least the next couple of years. Lindblom is not taking those minutes from him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost has a very high hockey IQ and is a two way player who can cover for JVR, but the 3rd line in that case would be given easier matchups (and you try to put together a 4th line that can forecheck and harass scoring lines).
Whereas if you put him with Patrick and Voracek, you don't want that line matched against a good scoring line.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
the same people complaining that hextall never does anything are going to complain about this move.
They do one thing - complain.

I wonder if this means hextall will try to upgrade the defense.

Still need a better 3rd line center if they're serious about competing.

a 3rd line of laughton, simmonds and a legit center would be acceptable.

then a 4th of abe-kubel, the russian prospect (whats his name? vorabev... to lazy to verify), and whoever/// that could be acceptable too.

then

provy/ghost
dream and say sanheim and myers are both ready to step up

improve the next pairing

or maybe ghost plus some other assets for Karlsson. Just brainstorming and butchering names.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Frost has a very high hockey IQ and is a two way player who can cover for JVR, but the 3rd line in that case would be given easier matchups (and you try to put together a 4th line that can forecheck and harass scoring lines).
Whereas if you put him with Patrick and Voracek, you don't want that line matched against a good scoring line.
Yeah, I don't buy that. Voracek can get pretty lazy at times defensively, and you're not looking to pull him out of his spot in the top six. You add a JVR type to your roster to build depth so you're not so dependent on line matching.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad