Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Given how close our Swedes are to Karlson that definitely falls in the nevermind camp.
Given Ottawa challenges with trading Hoffman, Chayka needs to step-in and take Karlsson off their hands :) #AllTheSwedes

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I took a rare sojourn onto another team's boards to to let the Ottawa fans know that this will all pass quickly once Hoffman is off the team. I suggested that the team bury him in some small minor league team in Montana.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
After seeing the references on here I went and found out about the whole situation... rightly stated, huge mess. I am not one to typically feel bad for Canadian teams but I feel bad for the fans of the Senators right now. Their summer has been horrible and it's just getting worse. EK wanting out (probably still I'd guess), now this with Hoffman (won't likely get too much back for him and Sens fans are likely not happy with how this is turning out I'd wager so I don't see how he'd be able to stay), and next year Duchene is out right? On top of all the other stuff they got going on... woof.

I can't imagine Chayka and Co going after a player like him at this point. They have been talking about drafting for character and how important that is to them so... yea.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
No, wouldn't want Chayka to touch Hoffman with a 10 foot pole. We have enough snakes in Arizona that were born snakes. No need for a self made snake. Wouldn't mind Duchenne. Karlsson needs a new start, wouldn't mind him at all, if the price were right.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Duchene would be an interesting add but the talk was he was a dressing room problem in Colorado. They were thrilled to dump him. See their turnaround that follow.

Is there another piece we could rip off the Senators? Their budget's gotta be lower than ours. A retained Bobby Ryan for Dave Bolland? Supposedly they're having trouble signing Ceci (RD).

I really didn't think it'd get much worse after the mess with their assistant GM.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ottawa should hold a dispersal draft, take a year or two off from the NHL and then hold an expansion draft. They need to take a breather and then restart.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa should hold a dispersal draft, take a year or two off from the NHL and then hold an expansion draft. They need to take a breather and then restart.
This is something I've never seen before. This is blow it all up territory. And they don't own their first next year.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Duchene would be an interesting add but the talk was he was a dressing room problem in Colorado. They were thrilled to dump him. See their turnaround that follow.

Is there another piece we could rip off the Senators? Their budget's gotta be lower than ours. A retained Bobby Ryan for Dave Bolland? Supposedly they're having trouble signing Ceci (RD).

I really didn't think it'd get much worse after the mess with their assistant GM.
I hadn't heard about the assistant GM story. We're not the biggest tire fire in the league, yay! Sorry Ottawa fans, we feel your pain.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hadn't heard about the assistant GM story. We're not the biggest tire fire in the league, yay! Sorry Ottawa fans, we feel your pain.
Yeah, they're about to lose their franchise player who wants out and that's not the biggest story. They're crazy ass owner Melnyk is not the biggest story. Their crazy assistant GM molests a bus driver and that's not the biggest story. It's this Hoffman thing. Man oh man.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This is something I've never seen before. This is blow it all up territory. And they don't own their first next year.

Friedman has mentioned they could try to go to Colorado and get it back. That's gotta be a steep price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad