2018 Norris Trophy - Victor Hedman

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What is it with Örnsköldsvik and producing top talents?

Ö-vik has a population of 33,000 people and they've brought top-end talents of:
- Peter Forsberg
- Henrik Sedin
- Daniel Sedin
- Victor Hedman
- Markus Näslund

Breast feeding? Or maybe all the Viking blood. Or there's not much else to do.

Feel like I'm starting to repeat myself here, but this is another somewhat weak win. Not a lot of stand out years from the blue line this year. Not trying to take anything away from Hedman, because that guy is a god damn stallion. 1st of at least a couple more I'm guessing.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Congrats to Hedman, well deserved!

- Peter Forsberg
- Henrik Sedin
- Daniel Sedin
- Victor Hedman
- Markus Näslund

Even though he doesnt have the same merits I believe Niklas Sundström is also worth a mention who came from the same era as Foppa and Näslund. And let's not forget an all time great like Anders Hedberg who I believe was also born in Örnsköldsvik.

It's a marvel really.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden

- Peter Forsberg
- Henrik Sedin
- Daniel Sedin
- Victor Hedman
- Markus Näslund

At least the four older guys had the same youth coach, don't know about Hedman. But yeah, pretty cool that a town of 33 000 people now could ice an all time PP unit with five major award winners.

Bustedprospect

Mar 10, 2006
Well deserved and nice to see the big guy finally win. He got the chance to win more and i hope he will.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
He won the award by November. I actually don't mind him winning because it was deserved, but he dominated the voting: it wasn't close, just as I knew it wouldn't be.

The voting for this award is a joke.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I have no problem with Hedman winning but the rest of the voting makes it clear they just look at points. Klingberg and Gostisbehere got votes FFS.

Byfuglien got some Norris votes years ago when he barely even tried to play defense but now that he balanced out his game? Nothing.

Reactions: olli

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
He won the award by November. I actually don't mind him winning because it was deserved, but he dominated the voting: it wasn't close, just as I knew it wouldn't be.

The voting for this award is a joke.
lol I vaguely remember you starting a thread this time last year about Karlsson not winning, and here you are again. Karlsson didn't deserve this at all this year, get over it. And he wasn't even close!

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad