GDT: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
1-8!
giphy.gif

Ducks will be the first one to be eliminated and could be the only one to get swept (provided that LA can at least win one tomorrow)

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
1-8!
giphy.gif

Ducks will be the first one to be eliminated and could be the only one to get swept (provided that LA can at least win one tomorrow)
Lol. I feel like I've watched this GIF for way too long already. It's totally mesmerizing.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The Ducks are quite an unlikable bunch. Much of that stems from the Canucks-Blackhawks heyday (Bieksa, Kesler) but then there's Perry and the like. I would very much like Manson, however. Don't mind seeing them knocked out.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
The Ducks are quite an unlikable bunch. Much of that stems from the Canucks-Blackhawks heyday (Bieksa, Kesler) but then there's Perry and the like. I would very much like Manson, however. Don't mind seeing them knocked out.
I kinda like their captain though. My respect for him comes from the scene like this below. I tend to think Perry exists for the entertainment purpose but wish more players were like Getzlaf.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
I kinda like their captain though. My respect for him comes from the scene like this below. I tend to think Perry exists for the entertainment purpose but wish more players were like Getzlaf.

Great show of respect for another human being. Great post and thank you for sharing.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Hadn't seen that before. Never really liked Getzlaf, but that was a seriously classy gesture.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Hadn't seen that before. Never really liked Getzlaf, but that was a seriously classy gesture.
Yeah, this is a true definition of leadership IMHO. Too often we identify that with the ability to stand up for your own teammates (at the expense of the opponents). He's a tough guy on the ice for sure, but not hesitating for a moment to do things like this doesn't seem to contradict himself.
Looking at the comments also makes me feel a lil warm inside as many, many fans from different teams have expressed gratitude/respect for him. Fans do want a player like him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The Kings didn't look bad per se, but they're definitely not built to win anymore. Amazing how quickly the game changes.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
We have good guys too!

Wow, he makes us so proud,too!!
Seriously, we need more players like them in this league. We don't want to lose good (skilled) players due to the injuries regardless of the teams they play for. Moar good guys please:highclap:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Wow, he makes us so proud,too!!
Seriously, we need more players like them in this league. We don't want to lose good (skilled) players due to the injuries regardless of the teams they play for. Moar good guys please:highclap:
I just hope there won't be more players like Cooke. He's a guy I genuinely wouldn't have felt bad for if he suffered a career ending injury. Maybe would've even enjoyed watching that. I have never despised a player as much as I despised him.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I just hope there won't be more players like Cooke. He's a guy I genuinely wouldn't have felt bad for if he suffered a career ending injury. Maybe would've even enjoyed watching that. I have never despised a player as much as I despised him.
Some may never learn unless they were forced to put themselves in their victims' shoes, eh?
According to Coop (and looks like not only him), "those days" are over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad