2018 NHL Playoff Race Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It seems we are already scoreboard watching and checking the standings on a regular basis, so I figured what the hell, I will start this thread a little early this year.

For a change, the new HF format will work to our advantage since we can view Google Drive documents that have been published.

When we start seeing magic numbers under 20, I will add those to the spreadsheet.

LINK TO THE SPREADSHEET TO VIEW IT IN GOOGLE SHEETS

Remaining NHL Schedule

so you don't have to go back to the OP

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ducks' next two games are against Minnesota and Vegas, so tough games for them. LA gets a couple cake matchups to crawl back into things with the Sabres and Hawks. San Jose has to play Dallas and St. Louis.

A win against Florida could be enough to have us in 2nd in the Pacific before we play Boston and Vegas.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Anaheim scares me the most and I am glad that they are behind in the ROW, and unlikely to catch up unless they totally pass us in which it doesn't matter, so that if we are tied and it looks like it will be that close we have that over them.

The one thing I am hoping for is that the other teams realize that they want Anaheim out as well and that gives them a boost when facing them.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I’ve said this almost every year since we made the playoffs under Hartley, but the Flames cannot worry about who they are tight up against in the standings or what other teams could or might make playoff runs.

All that really matters is this, they are where they are today. They essentially need 97 points to guarantee a playoff spot and then how many points they need to accumulate in their remaining games. All that other outside noise will take care of itself.

Going along with what you've said a month ago, we really need to continue to make it to that 97 point pace. I think the ideal record as of right now would be 44-29-9 to end the season. That means we need to go 14-9-1 for the remaining 24 games of the season. That is really doable, but we really need to be careful of who we lose to because we have a lot of division games left. March is going to be really interesting.

Last edited:

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Ben Bishop is getting revenge for all those times he we supposed to be a flame. He let in 4 of the first 5 shots he faced against San Jose.

At least it's not the Kings or Ducks.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Need a 10 game winning streak....forget the out of town scoreboard, we are not going to get any help

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Kings and Sharks lose last night. Need a win against Colorado on Saturday. San Jose plays Chicago next, LA plays Edmonton and Anaheim plays Arizona. Schedule is not helping

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
One “Jean-Francois Berubé” appears to be on the verge of shutting out the Sharks (he plays for Chicago apparently). I’ll take it!

Edit: The blues lose as well. Apparently they’ve had quite the fall from grace. They’re one point up on us with same amount of GP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad