2018 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
With the lack of depth at goalie position in the organization you know they are taking a goalie at some point in this draft. Wouldn't be surprised if it is in their first two picks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm not gonna pretend to know who any of these guys are, or the odds that they'll pan out. So I'll just wait and be hopeful, but still be annoyed when we draft our guy. :laugh:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'm not gonna pretend to know who any of these guys are, or the odds that they'll pan out. So I'll just wait and be hopeful, but still be annoyed when we draft our guy. :laugh:
come on coach......this is a chance to look like we know what we are talking about till the fall....and by then every one will forget what we said, so we can deny everything. :)

Reactions: Coach John McGuirk

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'm seeing a lot of places put him from 16-21. There's a real good chance he goes before late 1st.
if we can get a late 1st. there should still be a few very good de-men left on the boards. the rag's have 5 picks befor us, maybe they could give us one or two. :)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tiny point of interest, seems as good a place as any to put in - Allvin was European based last year, but will be based in the US going forwards.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tiny point of interest, seems as good a place as any to put in - Allvin was European based last year, but will be based in the US going forwards.

What does this mean though, does it hinder his ability to scout in Europe or lead that charge or does he not need to be there and has his scouts check in with him regardless of where he is?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What does this mean though, does it hinder his ability to scout in Europe or lead that charge or does he not need to be there and has his scouts check in with him regardless of where he is?

I presume it means more scouting of American prospects and less of European prospects. So yeah, I guess it would hinder his ability to scout in Europe some, and put the burden more on Westlund and ican'trememberthenameofthefinnishguy. That said, he's going to be based in Detroit in order to have good flight links - including to Europe.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

He's the Director of Amateur Scouting now, so he's going to be cross-checking all scouts. PG has a pretty good article about what he'll be doing:
Patrik Allvin to play key role for Penguins in upcoming NHL draft

I'd imagine they'll be hiring another full-time European scout now that Allvin's relocated to North America.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Anyone have a shortlist of who they'd want to replace him in Europe?

No specific names because I know nothing, but part of me thinks a guy with more Central European connections might be an idea. We've got two Scandos, and I think Scandinavia is better scouted and maybe harder to find value in. But really, whoever can spot talent.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm sure Alvin's already got well established connections in Scandanavia who he talks to now. Would just need to hire a guy officially if he felt the need to do so.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Are any networks streaming the draft? I'm in Canada but have a VPN. If it's on gamecenter my account might still be valid (if I remember my logon info).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->