2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Regarding Grewe, he's a march 2001 birthday. 6' 180lbs and He had 27 points in 36 games in his first SuperElit year. He caught my eye because of his stick skills, speed and O-zone awareness yesterday. He seems like he had nice compete, too. Just someone to keep an eye on because if I had watched the game in a vacuum, I'd think he'd be a first round candidate.
Yes, Grewe has some intensity/edge to his game for sure. I've noticed that he takes a lot of roughing penalties, so he likes to get "involved". But unfortunately a lot of unnecessary slashing penalties too :laugh: If he can use that stuff to his advantage, it could be a pretty useful asset.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yes. We are collecting all the hf swedes.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Haha, I'm neutral. Just browsing :thumbu:

Bring a friend next time.

While we have you, the regulars of this thread have identified a few SuperElit players as potential gems: Linus Karlsson of Karlskrona and Carl Wassenius of Örebro. What do you think of these players?

I'm not sure what to make of them. Linus was 2nd in scoring behind Berggren, but he had a huge jump in production after the league split. More or less the same story with Wassenius. Do these guys have real potential, or are they just beating up on soft opposition?

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He's already a decent skater.
Bit wonky but yeah it's not much of a concern for me where I think it'll hold him back at the next level. Seeing Rantanen's skating now you get the sense Jesperi's skating can even improve as he keeps getting used to his frame.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Bring a friend next time.

While we have you, the regulars of this thread have identified a few SuperElit players as potential gems: Linus Karlsson of Karlskrona and Carl Wassenius of Örebro. What do you think of these players?

I'm not sure what to make of them. Linus was 2nd in scoring behind Berggren, but he had a huge jump in production after the league split. More or less the same story with Wassenius. Do these guys have real potential, or are they just beating up on soft opposition?
I mostly just follow some of the players that are on the national team, so I'm not gonna pretend that I know that much about them. But Wassenius scored some big goals in the J20 playoffs and was also the leading scorer there. What I can say about Linus Karlsson is that he had a high "average goal share":

Reactions: NotProkofievian

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Da2j4ZkVQAAh_QS.jpg

Significant difference compared to Necas(not implying he's better) while not that much older than him. Hope teams are dumb enough to let him slip to the 2nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoQuinn

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Da2j4ZkVQAAh_QS.jpg

Significant difference compared to Necas while not that much older than him. Hope teams are dumb enough to let him slip to the 2nd.
There is a reason why I have Kaut so high up in my ranking. I saw some scout on twitter saying Kaut would go in the late 3rd. It makes absolutely no sense that he should even see the 2nd round imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad