2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Anyone else think that we should try to get some late picks and gamble on Linus Karlsson and Carl Wassenius if they are there?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Hopefully I will be motivated enough to wake up at 6 a.m. on sunday to watch the USA SWE game, it should be a good one...

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I live in the Sault see a lot of Rasmus Sandin and Barrett Hayton.

Both players are excelling in the playoffs.

Hayton is really coming on and will rise in the next (or final) rankings when his playoff work is factored in.

He's a 200-foot player with offensive skill that will translate well in the NHL.

Was thinking today that, if the lotto pushes Montreal back, I'd trade back a couple of more spots and take Hayton, and use the return in a bundle to get another first.

It's difficult to imagine him outside the top 10. He was good in the reg season, he improved, but has raised his game - again. Strong in all areas and you see the growth plain as day, month to month.

Reactions: dralaf

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Swedes are down 1-0 after 1 against the Belaruskies.

Czechs are up 1-0 after 1 against the Ruskies. Lauko jammed in a rebound.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I haven't seen much of him, but in the games I did see he was invisible, maybe he ends up being a very good NHLer just that for me from what I've seen I wouldn't take him in the top 10 as he just doesn't seem that skilled to me. Granted I don't watch non Hab prospects with much interest, if they pick him I will watch every game and offer my opinions but I just am not impressed with him at all.

Over 30 points vs men in one of the toughest conferences in the NCAA doesn't impress you? What about 9 points in 7 games in the WJC before his draft year? He even worked his way up to the top line on Team USA. Tkachuk would have lit the CHL up like a Christmas tree.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm assuming Boqvist had a fantastic game today. He had 1 goal, 2 assists and 8 shots on goal in Sweden's 4-3 win...But I didn't watch the game so can somebody else (who watched the game) let me know how he played?

Berggren had himself another solid game with 2 more points giving him 5 points in 2 games. Also 8 shots on goal. Seems to be a solid prospect for this draft. Any reason why he's ranked so low? Skating?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
One more week before the Habs/Habs fans find out whether Dahlin will be wearing the fabled CH. Hopefully the Habs get another 1st round pick for either the 2018/2019/2020 entry draft, perhaps an extra 1st in each of those would appease some fans. The Habs have a horde of 2nd's that will bring many high quality prospects again this year. Now for adding a few 1st rounders to up the talent levels of our depth in prospects. Go Habs Go!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance::walrus::walrus::walrus:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Over 30 points vs men in one of the toughest conferences in the NCAA doesn't impress you? What about 9 points in 7 games in the WJC before his draft year? He even worked his way up to the top line on Team USA. Tkachuk would have lit the CHL up like a Christmas tree.

I was very impressed with Tkachuk at the WJC. I've watched about 10 of NCAA games. I've never once been impressed with anything but his strength in that league. It might have something to do with Agganis being an international sized ice surface, but seriously, go watch a few of his home games if you haven't already and tell me you want to select him top 5.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm assuming Boqvist had a fantastic game today. He had 1 goal, 2 assists and 8 shots on goal in Sweden's 4-3 win...But I didn't watch the game so can somebody else (who watched the game) let me know how he played?

Berggren had himself another solid game with 2 more points giving him 5 points in 2 games. Also 8 shots on goal. Seems to be a solid prospect for this draft. Any reason why he's ranked so low? Skating?

He's a very good skater.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
did anyone who saw these players played compare them to NHL players?

Walhstrom
Hughes
Boqvist
Tkachuk
Dobson

Those are 4,5,6,7 and 8 on my list!

Thanks

Wahlstrom - Brock Boeser
Hughes - Jared Spurgeon on steroids
Boqvist - Erik Karlsson
Tkachuk - Jamie Benn
Dobson - Alex Pietrangelo

Please note this is simply a stylistic comparison. Not saying Tkachuk is Jamie Benn. Tough to compare Hughes to anyone, he’s pretty unique in play style.

Reactions: Weber Fan

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
I was very impressed with Tkachuk at the WJC. I've watched about 10 of NCAA games. I've never once been impressed with anything but his strength in that league. It might have something to do with Agganis being an international sized ice surface, but seriously, go watch a few of his home games if you haven't already and tell me you want to select him top 5.

Do you think he's NHL ready?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Boqvist goal was a solo effort, I am trying to find an app so i can download the recap straight from the webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad