GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft (Round 1 June 22, 7:30 PM EST. Rounds 2-7 June 23, 11 AM EST)

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I wouldn't be super surprised if some teams still really covet Myers, 10th definitely seems high though for sure.

I'm not really expecting much activity from the Jets tonight but I think there should be a few interesting moves around the league anyways!

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think the Oilers are trying to get Colton Parayko out of St.Louis. I think they wanted Trouba but that is a no go which likely means we are going to sign him

Reactions: Oseductive

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Gotcha. Well Myers might still be a possibility. Not sure how they pry Payanko out of St. Louis.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Gotcha. Well Myers might still be a possibility.

I could see it being like a 3rd or 4th option for the Oilers. I don't know what Myers worth would be but I have feeling the Oilers don't want to give up the 10th overall pick for him

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I could see it being like a 3rd or 4th option for the Oilers. I don't know what Myers worth would be but I have feeling the Oilers don't want to give up the 10th overall pick for him

Jets would need to throw in another pick or good prospect to get that kind of pick. More realistic would be a trade for something in the 20’s. The Jets don’t need to force anything if they know they are going to lose an RFA because they are not in the plans then maybe they look to make a move to address that.

Best bet seems that we won’t be picking until 60

Reactions: ps241

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If I were the Oil I would move the 10th and add something good to get Parayko for sure. Much better fit age wise, has 4 more years on his deal and as a St. Albert kid, a good chance to probably re-sign in 4 years. I think that will take a pretty healthy add to the pick to get the Blues to bite though.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If I were the Oil I would move the 10th and add something good to get Parayko for sure. Much better fit age wise, has 4 more years on his deal and as a St. Albert kid, a good chance to probably re-sign in 4 years. I think that will take a pretty healthy add to the pick to get the Blues to bite though.

Yeah it would likely have to be the 10th plus Klefbom to get it done I would think. Even then I have no idea why St. Louis would move him as I expect they will challenge for a playoff spot again next season.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Draft Day is one of my favourite days of the year, so I'm kind of jealous of all the teams that have picks in the first round.

That said, I guess I'll take a season worth of amazing hockey over two days of excitement.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the Oilers are trying to get Colton Parayko out of St.Louis. I think they wanted Trouba but that is a no go which likely means we are going to sign him

Dream on Oilers Parayko is a stud and is part of St. Louis’s future core?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I will tune in tonight because I love watching the kids and their families see their dreams come true. I will also watch to see if we do trade and get a pick although I give that very little chance. Honestly the draft show is always fun to watch and I will have a bit of envy but this season was more than worth it.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I am predicting if Woo slips to the 2nd round Chevy will find a way to trade up on day 2. I am basing this on zero tangible evidence just a weird whacky premonition.

Sure damn hope so... having a future Top 4 of Morrissey, Trouba, Niku and Woo would be astronomically amazing behind our Forward group going forward. Honestly I’d be more than willing to move Samberg + plus for the RHD need, the qaulity that Woo plays defensively(one of the best in the draft maybe even the best at this point in time defensively), his awesome name and the fact he’s from Winnipeg.

Reactions: bumblebeeman

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sure damn hope so... having a future Top 4 of Morrissey, Trouba, Niku and Woo would be astronomically amazing behind our Forward group going forward. Honestly I’d be more than willing to move Samberg + plus for the RHD need, the qaulity that Woo plays defensively(one of the best in the draft maybe even the best at this point in time defensively), his awesome name and the fact he’s from Winnipeg.

I am just building this fantasy scenario up in my head and going on the record so I can untimlty be more shamed and let down when jett goes before our pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad