GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft l June 22nd & 23rd l "Don't screw this up, Avs!" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
With most of the goalie prospects not trending the right way (jury out on Martin and Werner) I'm glad they drafted two of them this year. Even if they are longshots, it's so hard to trade for NHL starters.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Kristian Reichel also went undrafted. Now, that's not a huge surprise with the 20-year-old but I expected him to go late.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
In the first ten drafts in the cap era, Avs drafted zero Russian players. In the last three drafts they have drafted seven Russian players.

They do pick them in rounds four to seven, but it's still a big change in drafting philosophy.

2crkj8.jpg

Had to happen. You can’t ignore an entire country’s prospects, of which there’s a multitude of damn good hockey players.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
This is Nate' s team now. He needs to be "the guy" and the lockerroom has a whole new leadership group and dynamic to it, that's why we aren't in on Tavares.

Reactions: klozge

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Is the board acting loopy for anybody else? Posts appearing and disappearing, threads showing up as read, then unread, then read again, old alerts popping up. Either the boards just shattered or whatever they did to fix Error 520 has side effects.

Yes. All through the 1st round last night and remaining rounds today. It took me a couple of attempts to post this.

Epic fail by the administrators of the HF Board Group! How about removing the spam "upgrade" banner now?

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Joe Smith with the athletic just posted an article saying the only two teams for sure are SJ and Toronto, with Dallas most likely having a spot and possibly Tampa being invited but based on his talks with Yzerman might not be a fit. Joe Smith mentioned their might be 1-2 mystery teams, maybe Vegas.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Brandon Saigeon. 20 year old ranked 209 by Hockey Prospect and I'm assuming not ranked by others since it doesn't show up on EliteProspects.com

I can give you guys a little insight regarding Saigeon as I watched him in person numerous times with Hamilton this year.

First and foremost, he has an excellent shot. Kid can snipe it. Pretty good on the defensive end of the ice. I thought he was an average skater but that can be worked on.

Had an excellent OHL playoff but he must have gotten dinged up the first game of the Memorial Cup in Regina as he seemed limited and was not very effective for the duration of the tournament.

Was a former top 5 OHL draft selection.

The problem with him is his consistency. Some nights he was completely invisible.

I had talked to two scouts from NHL clubs during the OHL Final and they both mentioned it was likely he would be a late round pick.

He will be able to step in to your AHL club.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Still trying to get my head around that Flames/Canes trade. I think Hamilton is easily the best player in the deal right now but I really like Lindholm and Hanfiin has a ton of upside. IMO, it could look really good for the Flames if Hanifin reaches his potential.
Not surprised Hamilton got traded again....and wouldnt be shocked if he wears out his time in Carolina not long from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad