Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I am not a huge fan of them but they are sometimes the best to explain a players talent and make up without typing a novel.

It's a fair comp. Svech plays a physical, power game like that, and is actually even bigger than Hossa and has a little more edge and abrasiveness to him. Has the talent to match offensive numbers but we'll see. Hossa was a monster.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's a fair comp. Svech plays a physical, power game like that, and is actually even bigger than Hossa and has a little more edge and abrasiveness to him. Has the talent to match offensive numbers but we'll see. Hossa was a monster.

Hossa is one of my favorite players ever. Other than a bunch of TT jerseys :)sarcasm:) my daughter will have a Hossa jersey.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Enrico Ciccone

May 7, 2018
Canada
Interesting storyline on center Liam Foudy. After his ice time was increased he has moved up to 29th by Bobby Mac which is 52 spots higher than previous ...... and 72 spots by central scouting. WOW.
That is a crazy jump in a short amount of time. Sometimes all these kids need is an opportunity to show what they can do. After London traded a bunch of top players it vaulted him up the lineup and boy did he take advantage.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would be fine but rather have Wally. Hawks need a pure sniper debatably more than a top 4 RHD. If Dobson played the left side its a different conversation.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-draft-the-intrigue-starts-with-the-habs-1.1116064

simply can't imagine we pass on Wahlstrom at 8.

Wahlstrom, Kane, and DeBrincat makes a lethal trio of wingers that we haven't seen in some time..

Excellent link. Thank-you. Based on scouting reports only, I tend to agree. Dobson would be the player Stan picks because Hawks need someone like him so badly.... and who knows, either player could end up being "the guy" in this draft, he says as he flips coin.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sandin at 25 according to TSN's Button. Hmmm... He was on Bobby Macs "compete list".
at 25, run like hell if we can get this kid at 27- this is why I like Wahlstrom at 8, we can land a defenseman at 27 that could very well be on par with the top 6-8....just like we hit with Mitchell.. can't say the same at forward. this is a deep draft for defense, you can get guys like Demin, Regula, Durzi, etc in the late 2nd to 3rd rounds...

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
OK so TSN'S Bob McKenzie out with his final draft rankings today...Jesperi Kotkaniemi now at #5 ...meaning g that the idea chat Montreal could take him at #3 is one not so far-fetched...because their need for a long time had been to get atop 1C in the draft

I have lurked on these boards for a long time and just wanted to say I am extremely impressed with Fiddy on this one. He called Kotkaniemi (seemingly) months ago and now he very well may go #3 overall on Friday when most had him pegged in the 12-20 range just a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Enrico Ciccone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad