GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Day 2 - Begins 11AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I really like the Durzi pick, I'm just bitter that we didn't sign him for free after he attended our rookie camp last year. I'm also bitter that he's a '98 because he's not eligible for the WJC's which is one of my favourite times of the year, especially when we have a player on Team Canada. At least we'll be well represented by Sweden. I do acknowledge this is a very selfish reason for wanting certain people picked..

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Zavgorodniy, Kotkov, Muranov, Kvasnica, Burzan and Wouters are the top guys I have remaining. First two I ranked in the 2nd round. Last 4 in the 3rd round. The rest of the guys remaining are 4th round grades or lower for me: Hrabik, Topping, Everett, Samuelsson, Florchuk, Callahan, Bitsadze, Zamula and Steeves. This is where I had Durzi and Kral ranked on my board. I had Hollowell going undrafted.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
British prospect Liam Kirk is also an interesting name still on the board.

And he's going to Arizona.

First Australia with Walker and now Britain with Kirk. Always great to see players come from non-traditional countries.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I really like the Durzi pick, I'm just bitter that we didn't sign him for free after he attended our rookie camp last year. I'm also bitter that he's a '98 because he's not eligible for the WJC's which is one of my favourite times of the year, especially when we have a player on Team Canada. At least we'll be well represented by Sweden. I do acknowledge this is a very selfish reason for wanting certain people picked..
We couldn't sign him, you can't sign someone until they no longer have draft eligibility I thought. This is why so many overages go every year.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Full recap:

1(29) Rasmus Sandin, D
2(52) Sean Durzi, D
3(76) Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, C
3(83) Riley Stotts, C
4(118) Mac Hollowell, D
5(149) Filip Kral, D
6(156) Pontus Holmberg, RW
7(209) Zach Bouthillier, G
7(211) Semyon Kizimov, RW

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What a terrible 2nd day... Bouthillier has a major uphill battle to get a contract, which makes it a terrible pick considering the other guys out there.

Kizimov I'll trust, but there was probably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad