GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Day 2 - Begins 11AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Underrated behaviour by Leafs' management at this draft: not wasting their time drafting BCHL/AJHL/USHL/US High School players who they never seem to have a handle on. I much rather see them rolling the dice on CHL draft picks.

Reactions: Crease Master

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I don't even think they've discussed pick let alone the trade. Correct that, the last 3 Leafs' picks.

Its not like a huge bulk of their audience is from the GTA and would be interested in that news.

Hear that sound?

Its the sound of hundreds of thousands of clicking over to TSN to watch soccer instead because the NHL network has blown their draft coverage again. What the hell is wrong with them. Cant Sportsnet put pressure on them? Id go talk to Gerry personally if I was there.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Underrated behaviour by Leafs' management at this draft: not wasting their time drafting BCHL/AJHL/USHL/US High School players who they never seem to have a handle on. I much rather see them rolling the dice on CHL draft picks.
Agreed. CHL and Bergman all the way.

Reactions: JustAShadow

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

About time.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I wouldn't trust our USHL/USHS/NCAA scouts too much either looking back at their track record.

Reactions: Alerion

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Would’ve liked Jake Wise in the 2nd, but Durzi doesn’t seem like a bad choice :)

It’s too bad Thomas went one pick before us.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
As of now, Amir Miftakhov -- the #3 ranked European goalie by NHL Central Scouting -- is still available.

I wouldn't mind taking him with one of the 7ths.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
As of now, Amir Miftakhov -- the #3 ranked European goalie by NHL Central Scouting -- is still available.

I wouldn't mind taking him with one of the 7ths.
Surprised we haven't taken a goalie yet. They should keep up with a minimum one per year.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Other than the Kral pick and maybe the rasmus sandin pick, not loving our draft at all. We passed on Calen Addison too for an overager...

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I would personally prefer that NHL Network put together a 30-60 second video on every player to within reason and just bullet them off one after the other for several hours so every pick gets coverage.

This pointless talk dribble is crap.
But then Sportsnet's hockey coverage overall is crap too.
So I'm grateful we at least got the TSN talent on NBC for round 1.
The draft coverage is poor overall but *shrug* It's still one of my favorite days of the year.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Other than the Kral pick and maybe the rasmus sandin pick, not loving our draft at all. We passed on Calen Addison too for an overager...
Overager means nothing when you look at what you would expect from a player in the D+1.

You can't tell me that if we had picked someone at 52 and they had the results he had in his D+1 year that we wouldn't be pumped about their development.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

I think that little Russian kid, SDA, is a hell of an interesting pick. Met the cut-off for the draft by only hours too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad