Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
If we pick Svechnikov at #2, is it logical/possible that Nyquist, Anthanasiou + picks are dealt for a defenseman or top 10 pick?

He's the only winger in the top 10 I want and as much as our top 6 would start to look formidable, we could start to milk some winger value to address the defense.

Logical? No.
Possible? Anything's possible.

A team is not giving you a top ten pick for that offer unless you're including the 2019 first as one of the picks. Not that the value wouldn't be enough, but if there is a player in the top 10 worth it for you to give up that? The other team will want that guy, not Detroit's pieces.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If we pick Svechnikov at #2, is it logical/possible that Nyquist, Anthanasiou + picks are dealt for a defenseman or top 10 pick?

He's the only winger in the top 10 I want and as much as our top 6 would start to look formidable, we could start to milk some winger value to address the defense.

My off the board prediction:

Sens draft svechnikov and we trade them svechnikov plus AA plus dekeyser for Karlsson or something similar(Maybe Ottawa's 2nd rd pick is involved?)

Not sure why just would not be shocked

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Sens draft svechnikov and we trade them svechnikov plus AA plus dekeyser for Karlsson or something similar(Maybe Ottawa's 2nd rd pick is involved?)

That is significantly short of what it would take to land Karlsson. Both of our firsts would have to be involved.

I think the Wings would take Tkachuk over Svechnikov so I think the brother angle is running some of this logic. Custance hinted at him believing they have Zadina in front of Svechnikov as well. I am not sure they like Svechnikov as much as some of us or care that they already have his brother on the team, which actually they shouldn't. This draft is far too important to care about reuniting the Svechnikov brothers. Now I like him a great deal, just to be clear I have Svechnikov #2 on my board. However, the Wings should go BPA, whatever guy they have at the top of their board when they make that pick needs to be who they select.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

don't think so . That was last years ideas. It is new trend now , they will try to get as much prospect as passible .

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That is significantly short of what it would take to land Karlsson. Both of our firsts would have to be involved.

I think the Wings would take Tkachuk over Svechnikov so I think the brother angle is running some of this logic. Custance hinted at him believing they have Zadina in front of Svechnikov as well. I am not sure they like Svechnikov as much as some of us or care that they already have his brother on the team, which actually they shouldn't. This draft is far too important to care about reuniting the Svechnikov brothers. Now I like him a great deal, just to be clear I have Svechnikov #2 on my board. However, the Wings should go BPA, whatever guy they have at the top of their board when they make that pick needs to be who they select.

While I appreciate hat you're saying, i dint believe rhe return for Karlsson will ever involve significant multiple assets.

If Karlsson says no Dorion i am not resigning in Ottawa, understand he is doing so because he has a very short list of teams he does want to sign with. That list likely dozen exceed half a dozen teams.

Vegas already balked at moving two firsts and neither was a lottery pick.

My guess for any and all Karlsson trade offers
A playoff position first rd pick
A cap dump
A high end prospect
A B level prospect

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
While I appreciate hat you're saying, i dint believe rhe return for Karlsson will ever involve significant multiple assets.

If Karlsson says no Dorion i am not resigning in Ottawa, understand he is doing so because he has a very short list of teams he does want to sign with. That list likely dozen exceed half a dozen teams.

Vegas already balked at moving two firsts and neither was a lottery pick.

My guess for any and all Karlsson trade offers
A playoff position first rd pick
A cap dump
A high end prospect
A B level prospect

That was while taking back Bobby Ryan's contract though. I think they balked at three first round picks and other things too. They were asking for firsts in more than one year from what I have seen.

I would love to go get Karlsson.

I know we always point out the end packages are not what everyone hopes for. Still the Karlsson trade package should be better than what was proposed there. If it is what you proposed than Holland should pull the trigger, I just doubt that is enough.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
That was while taking back Bobby Ryan's contract though. I think they balked at three first round picks and other things too. They were asking for firsts in more than one year from what I have seen.

I would love to go get Karlsson.

I know we always point out the end packages are not what everyone hopes for. Still the Karlsson trade package should be better than what was proposed there. If it is what you proposed than Holland should pull the trigger, I just doubt that is enough.

I'd love to get Karlsson, in free agency.

Trading for him means that Detroit would have to gut the future.

2018 1st
2018 1st
2018 2nd
Mantha
Hronek
Cholowski

And I don't know if that would be enough. They would probably ask for Larkin+.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

2018 1st
2018 1st
2018 2nd
Mantha
Hronek
Cholowski

No team is going to give up that many assets. It’ll be a good, young roster player, a first round pick next year (to make up the one they’ll lose to in the Duchene deal) and a top prospect.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

2018 1st
2018 1st
2018 2nd
Mantha
Hronek
Cholowski

100% guaranteed that is nowhere close to reality

the guy is not going to sign anywhere, he decides where he signs and therefore he decides what the return is

dorion can trade him to arizona for every draft pick for the next 50 years, but if EK says sounds good, but i am not resigning there then no deal for dorion

maybe, maybe 6 or 7 teams in the entire league that EK will want to sign with outside of ottawa

my good guess

vancouver
boston
pittsburgh
dallas
detroit
nashville
LA

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
This video of Bouchard highlights does a good job of pointing out how effortless his game is. Sometimes you don't notice how good he is because it's so understated. There's a nice Craig Button quote about that at the beginning of the video.

I'm not really a big Rasmussen fan, but if I accept that Rasmussen isn't going anywhere, Bouchard is an awesome pick to complement him. Big point shot, great passer and high IQ PP QB. Those two are basically an instant first unit PP together.

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This video of Bouchard highlights does a good job of pointing out how effortless his game is. Sometimes you don't notice how good he is because it's so understated. There's a nice Craig Button quote about that at the beginning of the video.

I'm not really a big Rasmussen fan, but if I accept that Rasmussen isn't going anywhere, Bouchard is an awesome pick to complement him. Big point shot, great passer and high IQ PP QB. Those two are basically an instant first unit PP together.

Bouchard is the dman I take, if not, Wahlstrom is the center I take. I don't want a small dman.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
If the Wings pick sixth and it's between Bouchard and Hughes, I would want whoever is the best defensively. With these two, that's not real clear. Scouts have been talking about Hughes for a long time, but Bouchard has improved a lot recently. Additionally, Bouchard would arrive with three OHL seasons under his belt. So, I have more confidence in Bouchard and he's the guy I'd take. However, if the Wings pick seventh, I'd take Hughes over Wahlstrom.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Where does Bouchard play next year? Is he close to being NHL ready?
Bouchard is either in the OHL or AHL next year. But the year after, he can go to the AHL, I believe.

If Bouchard can have a Bertuzzi-style big summer in the gym and improve his skating, he could be NHL ready next year. He would be learning on the job defensively, but his offensive skills and hockey sense are definitely up to par. The questionmarks would be skating and strength.

But his skating is not as bad as advertised. He's just "pretty good" and will need to put in work to continue playing his game at the NHL level.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I wanted to trade Tatar or Nyquist + our #1 pick in 2016 to move up to draft Sergachev. The people who replied considered it a massive over payment, which I took to mean it was a very attractive offer.

People are very risk averse, which is probably why so many agree with Holland's passivity. They very rarely consider the upside, which is a very young d-man who is already putting up 40 point seasons in the best league in the world. Better to play the long game I guess and see what you have in Cholowski in 5 or so years.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
3 legit sources have him listed as a Center/RW.

It’s because he played there when he was younger. He’s played exclusively on the wing for USA this year, all indications are he is a winger moving forward.

Where does Bouchard play next year? Is he close to being NHL ready?

Definitely the most pro ready D after Dahlin. Much more physically mature than Dobson, Hughes, or Boqvist. I don’t really see a point in sending him back to London, but not sure if AHL is an option or not. Ideally he would either play in the AHL or NHL next year, IMO.

Surprising stat: Bouchard is the highest-scoring CHL player for this entire draft class. That's got to be pretty rare for a defenseman.

Nope, it is your boy Veleno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad