Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Custance thinks a defenseman is the most likely outcome for Detroit with a pick that will likely end up as a 5-8 pick. Specifically he mentioned Hughes, Bouchard, and Dobson.

Thought he had some interesting quotes on Bouchard:

So maybe not everyone thinks he has compete issues.

Custance: Sketching out a Red Wings draft plan for who to...
And that's some of the fun. Once you get past the no-brainers in the top few of any draft, you get wider and wider variance in opinions, which leads to fun fan discussions.

Personally, I'd debate popping champagne if they somehow won the Dahlin sweepstakes, but I'd still be very excited if they came away with either Boqvist, Bouchard, or Dobson.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think to drop from 2 to 6 you best be getting something better than pick 33.

Example

If the Rangers pick at spot # 8 I would want all three of their first round picks in exchange for pick #2 and our 2nd rd pick

Otherwise just not worth it

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think to drop from 2 to 6 you best be getting something better than pick 33.

Example

If the Rangers pick at spot # 8 I would want all three of their first round picks in exchange for pick #2 and our 2nd rd pick

Otherwise just not worth it
With how late those first rounders are, that might be about right. But I don't know if I'd do that deal as Detroit, unless my tier of highly rated players extends to pick 8. At the moment, I'd hate to drop past 6.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
With the 2nd overall pick, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the Ontario Hockey League's Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, Jordan Sambrook!

"We thought he was a really good player the first time we drafted him, and he's only gotten better. He's big and plays a man's game. That's useful because the NHL is a men's league. I just feel lucky everyone was preoccupied with that Swedish chump." - You know who

Reactions: Henkka

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Custance thinks a defenseman is the most likely outcome for Detroit with a pick that will likely end up as a 5-8 pick. Specifically he mentioned Hughes, Bouchard, and Dobson.

Thought he had some interesting quotes on Bouchard:

So maybe not everyone thinks he has compete issues.

Custance: Sketching out a Red Wings draft plan for who to...
That bit about Draper scouting Russia is interesting, apparently he's a fan of Denisenko. Someone mentioned talking to him at the Plymouth U18 tournament and Draper specifically told them to watch Denisenko. calling him a special player. Hopefully they'll pick up at least a few players of his style in June.

Jul 30, 2005
Somebody brought this back up on the prospects board. It's Brock Otten's prospects guide for the OHL back from February, and he collected a bunch of quotes from scouts/personalities/others. Here are Bouchard's:

“He’s got a big-time shot and as his junior career has progressed, he has learned to use it more. Great poise with the puck and he may be the best passer in the entire draft class.” - Ryan Kennedy

“I can't get over how he is able to get so many shots through screens and on goal. Just improving each and every time I see him. Another well coached student of Dale Hunter - and it shows!” - Tony Ambrogio

“Bouchard just continues to plug along as one of the OHL’s top defencemen and one of the best blue liners in this draft. Bouchard is an incredibly smart passer who has an incredible knack to get pucks through a crowd and into the back of the net. His stock has been shooting up due to the consistency at which he is producing and carrying a London Knights team that sold off their top players at the deadline.” - Dylan Galloway

"The offensive production is no joke. His vision is off the charts good. His ability to find that seam and anticipate movement and holes from the point is elite. I think about a play I saw him make recently as a perfect example. On the powerplay, with about three sticks in the slot, he put a bullet pass on the stick of a teammate, cross ice, near the crease, who was circling around the net. The precision and timing that required was astounding. I do have some questions about his ability to defend and win battles consistently in the corners. But I have zero questions about his hockey sense." - Brock Otten

“The numbers are pretty stunning, even as a late birth date where you expect him to be a step ahead. Offensively, I think he's special. In talking with some scouts very recently, there is some moderate concern about his D-zone play. Still, the distribution skills, his shot, his vision, they're all high end.” - Anonymous

OHL Prospects: Midseason Media/Scout Poll for 2018

Seems to me that if we want a guy to be a high-end PP QB, Bouchard would be a good pick.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Somebody brought this back up on the prospects board. It's Brock Otten's prospects guide for the OHL back from February, and he collected a bunch of quotes from scouts/personalities/others. Here are Bouchard's:

Seems to me that if we want a guy to be a high-end PP QB, Bouchard would be a good pick.

That sounds almost like prime Lidström scouting report.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
That bit about Draper scouting Russia is interesting, apparently he's a fan of Denisenko. Someone mentioned talking to him at the Plymouth U18 tournament and Draper specifically told them to watch Denisenko. calling him a special player. Hopefully they'll pick up at least a few players of his style in June.
It would be nice if he fell to the Vegas pick, since the new year he has been producing so I doubt he will be there. Love his skill tho

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
OK, I'm sold.

Did put his 2017-18 season stats on my team-scoring and age-adjusted formula and got the highest stat rating for any defenceman from OHL from the last decade.
That's what I love about this draft.

Last year, in a weaker class, there were a handful of players that nearly all fans liked, but none that many expected to still be on the board at 9.

Now? It's both a better class - with multiple players who are VERY intriguing - and Detroit will have a much better draft position to go get them from.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Christien

May 1, 2010
Yup this is the draft to get a high end dman: Dahlin, Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, Hughes, Smith. Would happily take Lundqvist or Alexeyev if they fall to our Vegas pick. Lundqvist is really rising up the rankings as of late and I really like the kid. Obviously it would be even better if we can get him with one of our early 2nd rounders but I don’t think he’ll last that long.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Do any of the defensemen projected to go around Detroits pick look like they will be ready for the show next year? I assume Dahlin for sure but any others?

Jul 30, 2005

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bring on the draft already!!!

oooo-a-shiny-new-toy-hell-yeah.jpg

Reactions: TheMule93

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Bring on the draft already!!!

Seriously... ive never anticipated a draft this much in my entire life. Last year we finished higher in the standings and it was a weak draft (at the time), and there was no franchise level talent at the top. Things can still change this year, but we'll hopefully finish bottom 5, and there are so many great players, and obviously everyone is having dreams of Dahlin. I JUST WANT THE DRAFT TO ARRIVE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad