Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft - Shall We Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Their GM said at the beginning of the season that they were waiting until the end of October for one or both of their imports. I guess this was the 1st shoe to drop.

A guy on the SSM forum in the OHL section called this & the trade mentioned above days ago. He said Kupari is unlikely at this point fwiw.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Thought Sandin was a smart, mature player and good first passer at the Hlinka, though more of a quiet support guy. Played with Boqvist so that was required.

I'm sure he will be a nice add for the Soo as they look to contend in the OHL. But not sure if he's not a bit of a mid-late round tweener come draft time with his average skating and size and lack of standout skill.

Wish Kupari came over instead :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I saw the jack Hughes goal on tsn before mnf. That goal was crazy. No one could contain the guy.Hughes, sounds like their should be three brothers with first round grades, in the NHL in a few years.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Kotkaniemi on paper seems a guy who would add something that the Flyers prospect pool is slightly 'missing' with his skillset. Big, great shot, good skater, can play C and LW.

0.5 PPG pace so far in Liiga season too a as a July birthday. Not bad at all.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Anyone able to catch Nando Eggenberger in action?

I did see his action figure:
18219251.jpg.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Kotkaniemi on paper seems a guy who would add something that the Flyers prospect pool is slightly 'missing' with his skillset. Big, great shot, good skater, can play C and LW.

0.5 PPG pace so far in Liiga season too a as a July birthday. Not bad at all.

Kotkaniemi didn't tear up the Hlinka or anything, but he was one of my favorites to watch there. I believe he started hot in Liiga and cooled down since (not there's anything wrong with that at his age), but funny you wrote that he seems like a great Flyers pick because I wrote the following about him a few months ago. He certainly wasn't carrying a ton of hype a few months ago (relatively speaking), but he looked like a potential riser even then if he had a productive Liiga season. While it's early, he might be a guy that could be out of reach when all is said and done.....but he does feel like a through and through Flyers pick.

Thought some of the same things about Hallander/Olofsson as I did about Jesperi Kotkaniemi (ranked 24 for HP) of Finland. Same kind of smart, high floor, 2-way kid with good physical tools. Looks like he could be even bigger than his 6'2 listing. But I liked him more than the two Swedes; thought he did what they did well, while bringing more to the table and having a higher ceiling. He looked like a certain 1st round talent to me, maybe even a sizable riser if he flashes more offensively. He played mostly center, and I could definitely see him playing center long-term, with wing versatility. He didn't play on a line with Rasmus Kupari, so he was driving his own line. Read the play well, more a give-and-go guy or space creator, but he has good hands and can make skill plays too. Played right half-wall on the PP, where he at times showed indecisiveness but still was fine. At ES, he's a strong cycle player, and he always seemed to make the right decision with the puck. Safe and calm with it but not too safe; efficient and effective are better descriptors. Pretty quality shot, knew how to use his body and go to scoring areas. Excellent off puck player too. I think he is one of the most cerebral players I've seen in this class, in all 3 zones. He's a very mature, pro-style player, yet also a summer birthday.....I enjoyed Kotkaniemi's all-around detailed game, and with each viewing, he's the kind of player who grows on you with his consistency and subtleties. Struck me as a quintessential Hextall-type pick......that is if they ever draft a Finn.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I haven't started looking at '18 draft prospects much yet, but I just took a closer look at Adam Boqvist, and, I have to say, at least on the video I've watched, he's one of the best draft prospects I've ever seen.

I'd trade a hell of a lot to capture him. I don't care if we already have young defensemen.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When you look at the Flyers organization, in 2019-20 the only AHL defensemen who are legitimate prospects would seem to be the two Swedes. So in terms of long-term depth, Hextall might lean toward defense in this draft. There's going to be an awful bad logjam at forward in a couple seasons at LHV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad