Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft - Shall We Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I hate to say it, but the NYR are going to have a great draft. 5 picks in the top 48.

Like if Draftsite was 100% accurate, they would walk away with:

Bouchard at 8
Denisenko at 26
Bokk at 28
Berggren at 39

Demin at 48

2018 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

All 3 of them could be off the board by the time New York makes their 2nd pick. I also sincerely doubt they dont pick a Center or two with their first 3 picks.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
All 3 of them could be off the board by the time New York makes their 2nd pick. I also sincerely doubt they dont pick a Center or two with their first 3 picks.
If center is on their agenda, I can see them wanting Lundestrom enough to trade up for him making the Flyers a good trade partner. However I can see the Flyers wanting Lundestrom too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hard to say. As for the C, they did add Anderson and Chytil in the 1st rd last year so likely go BPA I would think having so many picks. Regardless, they will be filling possibly a 5 man unit very early in the draft.

Hopefully they blow a few picks like they did with McIlrath,

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hard to say. As for the C, they did add Anderson and Chytil in the 1st rd last year so likely go BPA I would think having so many picks. Regardless, they will be filling possibly a 5 man unit very early in the draft.

Hopefully they blow a few picks like they did with McIlrath,
With that many picks I expect them to trade up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You know the Rangers will just trade all of these guys for the next Rick Nash to try to get one more run in during Henrik's career.
That's the opposite of what they just did. Not to mention, they have their goalie of the future coming soon so no need to panic.

Anyways, enough about the Rags. May they waste every pick.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
No worries. If we all saw this stuff the same, this place would be pretty boring.

My question is where do I place K'Andre Miller against some of the other defenders (like Lundqvist) who might be available at #19? His combination of size, skating and potential is really intriguing.
Miller is the only defenseman I’d want at 19. I like him a lot.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think either Jesperi Kotkaniemi or Barrett Hayton will realistically still be on the board with the 14th pick, so I'm taking those names out of the mix in that spot. If the Flyers were to trade up into the top 5 or 6, I believe that defenseman Noah Dobson would be their top specific candidate and power forward Brady Tkachuk would be a fallback option of interest if they couldn't grab one of the top centers in a center-weak first round. This is strictly speculative on my part, but based on Ron Hextall's stated organizational priorities and player traits he values.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Sounds like Boqvist is a potential faller. He’d be a player they could slowly develop for 3-4 years until someone gets too expensive. Possible replacement for Ghost if he’s too expensive after his deal is up.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Sounds like Boqvist is a potential faller. He’d be a player they could slowly develop for 3-4 years until someone gets too expensive. Possible replacement for Ghost if he’s too expensive after his deal is up.

For me , he is emerging as the guy id like to see the flyer select at 14. RH dman, great skater. There are not many guys i would be excitied walking out of with at 14, but he is 1 one of them.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’d be over the moon if the Flyers somehow ended up with Boqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad