Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
That changes everything if true

One of the guys on twitter did a whole thing about it, think it was Adam Herman. He can sign his ELC, which will bring him to RFA status a year earlier but he can play 10 games for the Rangers this season and still be exempt from the expansion draft. The other option is for him to play in Hartford on a PTO.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I understand the concern about bringing Kravtsov over now because it means he would take up a protection slot in the Seattle expansion draft.

That being said....who else is going to be worth protecting?

Zibanejad, Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Kreider (if he's still here), Buchnevich (is he still going to be here?), and Kravtsov would make 7 if the Rangers go 7/4/1 with protection spots. That's the tightest scenario I can think of.

On defense you have DeAngelo, Skjei (maybe), Hajek, and...Pionk?

I'm not going to lose sleep over losing Vesey or Pionk to expansion. Get Kravtsov over here and let's see what he has.

You're creating a situation where we can sign a single forward or trade for a single forward in a deal where we either send D or propsects/picks the other way. Not a good idea if you can avoid it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Playing for Russia is far from a guarantee for Vitali. The last time National teams were assembled he was on team 2. Chances that he will play in the world championship on a team that will in addition get an influx of Russian NHLer is close to zero. That's why if Vitali wants to prolong his season a bit his only option is getting to Hartford on PTO for the remainder of the regular season (again his contract with Traktor permitting).

Reactions: nyr2k2

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
There's no desperate need to bring him over. How many prospects came over to end their season and ever talk about what a noticeable impact it has had on their career? Maybe MAYBE it gets him just a little more ready to start with the nyr next season but is that REALLY a big deal? Arent we in line to suck again next year? Who cares if he can hit the ground running with the big club?

Dont get it twisted, theres nothing necassarily wrong with him coming over now as long as it doesn't screw us expansion draft wise. But anyone thinking it is at all a big deal is overdoing it with the worrying imo.

If anything, the garbage Hartford environment and sudden shift in hitting, space, etc can lead to an unprepared teen running into trouble. There's no rush

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
So if he plays one game, he would have to be protected?

Yes. For the purposes of the CBA, he's 20. 1 pro game under the terms of an SPC as a 20 year old accrues a pro season. I specifically mention the SPC thing, because if Kravtsov were in Hartford, he would be on a PTO, not a contract.

In fact, even according to that section of the CBA, Kravstov is a 20-year old.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't care about how good or bad Hartford is.

Bringing him over is not to help Hartford or make any significant impact t at the AHL level.

It would be strictly for the purpose of getting him used to the smaller surfaces and the marginally increased physicality of NA hockey.

Have him come over and work on specific aspects of his game while the Pack are still playing.

Get him a strength and conditioning coach so that we are not dealing g with core muscle issues the same way we did with Buchnevich a few years ago.

Kid was 6'2" and a buck 70 soken wet.

He needs to be playing at 195-205 eventually, but at worst 185 for the 19-20 season.

Give that kid an egg sandwich and talk glass of whole milk.

I can appreciate both sides of the debate, but my preference is to have our prospects in our system so that if they sink or swim it's not the result or fault of anyone not invested in the Franchise.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Yes. For the purposes of the CBA, he's 20. 1 pro game under the terms of an SPC as a 20 year old accrues a pro season. I specifically mention the SPC thing, because if Kravtsov were in Hartford, he would be on a PTO, not a contract.

ELC slide and Expansion Draft exemption rules don’t work the same. Bob McKenzie tweeted out that Mittelstadt would still be exempt in a hypothetical ED 2020 when he signed his ELC with Sabres because he’s a late Birthday.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There's no desperate need to bring him over. How many prospects came over to end their season and ever talk about what a noticeable impact it has had on their career? Maybe MAYBE it gets him just a little more ready to start with the nyr next season but is that REALLY a big deal? Arent we in line to suck again next year? Who cares if he can hit the ground running with the big club?

Dont get it twisted, theres nothing necassarily wrong with him coming over now as long as it doesn't screw us expansion draft wise. But anyone thinking it is at all a big deal is overdoing it with the worrying imo.

If anything, the garbage Hartford environment and sudden shift in hitting, space, etc can lead to an unprepared teen running into trouble. There's no rush
I don't think any of this will have any type of significant impact on his career. I don't think he'll make the WC team--could be wrong, who knows--and I don't think that playing for Hartford will be some enormous advantage for him. So, yeah, in the end it's largely inconsequential.

I just believe that coming over and playing ten or more AHL games, getting to further interact with members of the front office and the coaching staff, would be good for him. The Rangers can watch him and send him back home (or wherever he plans on being this summer) with a list of a few things they'd like him to work on, and he'll be that much more ready for next year.

Or, he can play in an international tournament or two and go that route. That's fine, too. I just think he gains more from the former.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
I don't think any of this will have any type of significant impact on his career. I don't think he'll make the WC team--could be wrong, who knows--and I don't think that playing for Hartford will be some enormous advantage for him. So, yeah, in the end it's largely inconsequential.

I just believe that coming over and playing ten or more AHL games, getting to further interact with members of the front office and the coaching staff, would be good for him. The Rangers can watch him and send him back home (or wherever he plans on being this summer) with a list of a few things they'd like him to work on, and he'll be that much more ready for next year.

Or, he can play in an international tournament or two and go that route. That's fine, too. I just think he gains more from the former.
It was mostly just the adamance on the last page from some people. It was just making me laugh like "what am I missing, why is this such a big deal?"

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Curious, what’s worse, Hartford’s supporting cast or Traktor’s?
Traktors will get you shutout and embarrassed. Hartford will get you turned around and decapitated. Then you'll be embarrassed when you get shutout, pissed on and scored on in abundance.

The A really needs to outlaw the whole 'marking inferior teams in a show of dominance' thing

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The expansion draft uses Article 13.4 in the CBA. Kravstov would have to appear in 11 NHL games for this season to count towards expansion protection. The NHL used that clause to determine the eligibility of some Vancouver players for the expansion draft with Las Vegas.

A writer from The Athletic from Vancouver wrote about Quinn Hughes and the Canucks. Same scenario as Kravstov.

Kravstov would still need 7 years accrued or 27 to become a Group III. He would arbitration eligible sooner. Group II sooner.

Gorton is not very concerned about the Rangers going players becoming free agents one year too early. He could have waited a few weeks to bring back Andersson and not have him get an accrued service year. Being on the NHL roster for 40 games. He said he is not concerned about that because the Rangers will have identified their core players way before then. Brooks spoke to Gorton about it. Last Tuesday’s Post. Chytil being benched article.

The Rangers get no slide if Kravstov plays this season with him turning 20 in December but it doesn’t not count towards expansion if he plays less than 11 games as a 19 year old. It won’t count as an accrued season towards group III.

The Duclair situation from a few years ago. The Rangers signed him in January 2014. They got one slide instead of two. The clock on Duclair’s contract started but his contract would not have count against the 50 SPC limit because he was 19 playing in junior. He made the Rangers that season anyway.

The CBA is quirky.

The Rangers could have Kravstov skate with the Rangers in practice and play in the AHL on a tryout contract.

Seidenberg skated with the Islanders all season in practice on a tryout and they signed him last week.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

Sorry to interrupt but i don't think it's true. On the September 15 this year Kravtsov is still 19 years old.'
This is from our board credit to @Viqsi
expansiondraftqualifier-png.194795

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad