Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Playing in the worlds is higher competition level than the AHL. If he does come over, would this remove him from Russia selecting him? Is there any precedent in the past that says Russia doesn't take players that end their season going to the AHL?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Could Kravtsov not come over and practice with the NHL team and then sign his contract at the end of the year? practicing with the AHL team seems pointless

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Playing in the worlds is higher competition level than the AHL. If he does come over, would this remove him from Russia selecting him? Is there any precedent in the past that says Russia doesn't take players that end their season going to the AHL?

Not sure about that, but Buchnevich was called up for the national team last year to play in the Carlson games (Euro Hockey Tour). I remember because I was there haha

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I dont' see any reason to rush him over to play in Hartford or practice with the Rangers or whatever. It's not enough games to make a meaningful difference in preparing him for next season IMO and just complicates things. Let him finish out the hockey year and then sign a contract over the summer and come to the Rangers in the fall.

Now if he WANTS to come over and play in the AHL I guess that's a different story, but I don't see any reason to worry about rushing him over to play in a few games at the end of a lost season for Hartford.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
f***! would have liked to see Traktor extend the season a bit more. Would like to see him play one more year in Russia but if he really wants to come over I guess the Rangers will have him playing in NA?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He's played less than 70 games this season, not that much.

With the additional games for Russia coming in the worlds, he's going to have a good number of games played. Not a full NHL schedule's worth, but close enough.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I’d rather we see him now with the NYR. If he plays 10 games then he’s not eligible for the Seattle draft, I believe. There’s always the “ELC” year issues, but I believe that it is what it is. He won’t come expensive on his next deal unless he’s Tarasenko 2.0. Even then, he won’t cost too much. I want him acclimated to NA Ice ASAP.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’d rather we see him now with the NYR. If he plays 10 games then he’s not eligible for the Seattle draft, I believe. There’s always the “ELC” year issues, but I believe that it is what it is. He won’t come expensive on his next deal unless he’s Tarasenko 2.0. Even then, he won’t cost too much. I want him acclimated to NA Ice ASAP.

He has played on NA ice all season. In Hodonin, in Vancouver, and in 9 Russian cities

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Get him over here. Let him play 10 games and workout with the guys in Connecticut this summer. The quicker he gets acclimated to his teammates and life in this city and North America, the better.

Reactions: Anthony5967

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

If he plays one game for the Rangers, it counts as an accrued pro season and he'll need to be protected for the expansion draft.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
If he plays one game for the Rangers, it counts as an accrued pro season and he'll need to be protected for the expansion draft.

I just read that because of his age, he can play 10 games this year and won't have to be protected. He will hit RFA one year earlier though.

Reactions: Anthony5967

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I understand the concern about bringing Kravtsov over now because it means he would take up a protection slot in the Seattle expansion draft.

That being said....who else is going to be worth protecting?

Zibanejad, Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Kreider (if he's still here), Buchnevich (is he still going to be here?), and Kravtsov would make 7 if the Rangers go 7/4/1 with protection spots. That's the tightest scenario I can think of.

On defense you have DeAngelo, Skjei (maybe), Hajek, and...Pionk?

I'm not going to lose sleep over losing Vesey or Pionk to expansion. Get Kravtsov over here and let's see what he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad